Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Fair Go stuff up

Re: Fair Go stuff up

Boots

On Wed, 11 May 2011 17:02:48 +1200, Robert Cooze wrote:

> I do believe that Project Gutenberg only puts stuff that the copy right
> has expired and there for is public domain. So no worries there

Everything in Gutenberg is Free (in every sense of the word) for people
to use as they wish.

Geopelia

"Boots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 11 May 2011 17:02:48 +1200, Robert Cooze wrote:
>
>> I do believe that Project Gutenberg only puts stuff that the copy right
>> has expired and there for is public domain. So no worries there

> Everything in Gutenberg is Free (in every sense of the word) for people
> to use as they wish.

It's a great idea, all the famous literature just there for everyone to
read.

Geopelia

"Boots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 11 May 2011 16:47:39 +1200, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> I don't think I am using HTML. If I want bold text I get it from Format.
>> But it's good to know why it's there. I expect there is something in the
>> printed magazine that isn't in the computer version.

> Every web page you view is displayed using Hypertext Markup Language
> (HTML) to tell your browser how to render the page in your browser window.
>
> Any visible hypertext tags are indicative of poor preparation on the part
> of the person producing those newsletters.

It's good that they do produce the newsletters. I find them very
interesting, to keep up with the latest news.
I expect they have to do them in a hurry to get them on the computer.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <iqdtan$qfn$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> It's a great idea, all the famous literature just there for everyone to
> read.

Some don’t like the concept of “public domain”
<http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20091118/1219066995.shtml>
<http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110421/10280813987/uk-music-publishers-issue-dmca-takedown-public-domain-sheet-music.shtml> ...

Geopelia

news:iqe2g2$mqb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <iqdtan$qfn$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> It's a great idea, all the famous literature just there for everyone to
>> read.

> Some don't like the concept of "public domain"
> <http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20091118/1219066995.shtml>
> <http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110421/10280813987/uk-music-publishers-issue-dmca-takedown-public-domain-sheet-music.shtml>

I wonder why they started those sites.

Try www.gutenberg.org or just google project gutenberg.

I just put them in Favourites and read them straight off the monitor when I
get time.

fair-queue'ing ESM Cisco 1 03-08-2006 04:00 PM
fair-queue and MLPPP interfaces Bill F Cisco 1 03-04-2005 05:46 PM
Fair-Queing causes interface resets Douw Gerber Cisco 2 11-12-2003 03:03 PM
Weighted Fair-Queuing Martin Bilgrav Cisco 8 11-03-2003 09:08 PM
Are Freserve Fair Or Foul CapStick Computer Support 4 08-10-2003 02:17 AM

Advertisments