Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > After installing windows 7 codec pack NO MORE jpg Thumbnail View in Explorer?

After installing windows 7 codec pack NO MORE jpg Thumbnail View in Explorer?

lbbss

For some strange reason, After installing windows.7.codec.pack.v3.0.0
my Thumbnail Views in Explorer have disapeared. Initially did not
have any thumbnail view for certain video avi clips, so I decided to
download this codec pack, but It only made matters worst. Before for
jpgs and certain avis I did have thumbnail preview on windows
explorer, now I have none. Very frusturating. So I un-installed the
codec pack, reboot, but still don't have my thumbnail views? Also
tried installing K-Lite_Codec_Pack_710_Mega and that did not help
either. Any ideas? Thanks

windows 7 home premium 64bit.

lbbss

after much searching I found the solution. unchecked the "Always
show Icons never thumbnails" button, it's the first item on the list
in the Windows Explorer / Tools / View tab, and the problem was
solved.

lbbss

after much searching I found the solution. unchecked the "Always
show Icons never thumbnails" button, it's the first item on the list
in the Windows Explorer / Tools / View tab, and the problem was
solved.

John Turco

lbbss wrote:

> after much searching I found the solution. unchecked the "Always
> show Icons never thumbnails" button, it's the first item on the list
> in the Windows Explorer / Tools / View tab, and the problem was
> solved.

Thank you, for the follow-up; it could help others, with the same
issue.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>