Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Laptop running Vista- froze, rebooted and now cant get out of startuprepair- keeps looping

Laptop running Vista- froze, rebooted and now cant get out of startuprepair- keeps looping

KOS

Hi my laptop was working fine but then it froze.. Had to shut id down
with powerbutton..
Now it boots and goest to a program called start up repair.. Keeps
looping... I tried to get it, from the advanced option list on start
up, to restore from a previous date.. After I do that It continues to
go to startup repair.
Any help getting this fixed??
Thanks

Jeff Strickland

"KOS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi my laptop was working fine but then it froze.. Had to shut id down
> with powerbutton..
> Now it boots and goest to a program called start up repair.. Keeps
> looping... I tried to get it, from the advanced option list on start
> up, to restore from a previous date.. After I do that It continues to
> go to startup repair.
> Any help getting this fixed??
> Thanks

Just a guess, but you've lost the boot sector on the HDD.

KOS

On May 6, 11:24*am, "Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "KOS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hi my laptop was working fine but then it froze.. Had to shut id down
> > with powerbutton..
> > Now it boots and goest to a program called start up repair.. Keeps
> > looping... I tried to get it, from the advanced option list on start
> > up, to restore from a previous date.. After I do that It continues to
> > go to startup repair.
> > Any help getting this fixed??
> > Thanks

> Just a guess, but you've lost the boot sector on the HDD.

i was finally able to get out of this.. f8, then one of the options
for advanced mode to quit program from restarting