Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > More skewed U.S. / Canada pricing

More skewed U.S. / Canada pricing

RichA

40% more than the U.S., with a 5% higher dollar. Canadian merchant
mantra: "Sell a little for a lot, rather than a lot for a little."

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...1d3a11a4aeen02

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...&skuId=9542328

Mike

On 06/05/2011 12:19 AM, Rich wrote:

> Cross border ordering. Free trade. Remember that concept?

Warranty claims require shipping back to the USA. Remember in Nikon
Canada's case Nikons without a Canadian serial number will not be
serviced by Nikon Canada. 5 year lens warranty in Canada, 1 year from
Nikon USA.

Mike

RichA

On May 6, 1:14*am, Mike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 06/05/2011 12:19 AM, Rich wrote:
>
> > Cross border ordering. Free trade. *Remember that concept?

> *>
> Warranty claims require shipping back to the USA. Remember in Nikon
> Canada's case Nikons without a Canadian serial number will not be
> serviced by Nikon Canada. 5 year lens warranty in Canada, 1 year from
> Nikon USA.
>
> Mike

Big deal. You are basically trying to make the case for a non-
negotiable extended warranty that makes the product cost 40% higher.
Only an idiot would pay that and NOT complain. It's been proven time
and again buying extended warranties is a financial mistake.

PeterN

On 5/6/2011 12:05 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-05-05 20:45:18 -0700, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> 40% more than the U.S., with a 5% higher dollar. Canadian merchant
>> mantra: "Sell a little for a lot, rather than a lot for a little."
>>
>> http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...1d3a11a4aeen02
>>

> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...&skuId=9542328
>

> So
>>

> when are you moving South of the border?
>
> May I suggest scenic Barstow, CA, or perhaps quaint Sedalia, MO. If it
> is a major metropolitan center, with a cosmopolitan thrilling, living on
> the edge feel you are seeking, there is exciting Oakland, CA.

Well! Why do you think California wants him?

--
Peter

PeterN

On 5/6/2011 11:29 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-05-06 07:49:20 -0700, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...&skuId=9542328
>

> So
>
> when
>>>>
>>> are you moving South of the border?
>>>
>>> May I suggest scenic Barstow, CA, or perhaps quaint Sedalia, MO. If it
>>> is a major metropolitan center, with a cosmopolitan thrilling, living on
>>> the edge feel you are seeking, there is exciting Oakland, CA.
>>>

>> Well! Why do you think California wants him?

> No particular reason, I just provided two suitable locations in CA, and
> one in MO.
>
> In NY there is always Sauquoit, Clayville, or Unadilla Forks to choose
> from, if you would prefer to have him closer to B&H.

Why would you do that to the good people at B&H?
I have a better idea. Move him next door to Bill Graham.

--
Peter

Bruce

"R. Mark Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> 40% more than the U.S., with a 5% higher dollar. Canadian merchant
>> mantra: "Sell a little for a lot, rather than a lot for a little."
>>
>> http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...1d3a11a4aeen02
>>
>> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...&skuId=9542328
>>

>This is peanuts compared to Rip of Britain (RoB).
>
>The worst offenders were Yamaha, whose AV gear was over 100% more expensive
>in the UK (net of taxes). Unlike Sony they used to nationalise the products
>so that 240V UK products would not work on US 120V and vice versa. Sony's
>guarantees are international too.

Tell me about it!

For quite a few years I have been able to buy some photo gear from the
USA, have it shipped to the UK, pay import duty, VAT and customs
clearance fees and still make a significant saving. Warranties can be
a problem, though.

GMAN

In article <2011050610060929560-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>On 2011-05-06 09:20:10 -0700, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...ens/10119995.a
>spx?path=8c6189dc72cbf070ad76901d3a11a4aeen02
>

>http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...s+for+Nikon+F-
>Mount+Digital+SLR+Cameras/9542328.p?id=1218121951399&skuId=9542328
>

>So
>
>when
>
>are

>>> No particular reason, I just provided two suitable locations in CA, and
>>> one in MO.
>>>
>>> In NY there is always Sauquoit, Clayville, or Unadilla Forks to choose
>>> from, if you would prefer to have him closer to B&H.
>>>

>> Why would you do that to the good people at B&H?
>> I have a better idea. Move him next door to Bill Graham.

>Perfect!
>He would also love the Oregon low vehicle registration and license
>fees, no sales tax, and the mutual rage at the World debate the two of
>them could occupy themselves with.

Bo sales tax but Oregon has one of the highest poperty taxes in the nation.
The libs there just dont want people to be able to own anything.

DaveS

On 5/5/2011 11:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-05-05 20:45:18 -0700, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> 40% more than the U.S., with a 5% higher dollar. Canadian merchant
>> mantra: "Sell a little for a lot, rather than a lot for a little."
>>
>> http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...1d3a11a4aeen02
>>

> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...&skuId=9542328
>

> So
>>

> when are you moving South of the border?
>
> May I suggest scenic Barstow, CA, or perhaps quaint Sedalia, MO. If it
> is a major metropolitan center, with a cosmopolitan thrilling, living on
> the edge feel you are seeking, there is exciting Oakland, CA.

I see there's a whole lot of followers for anyone who says "Not my
problem - party on, dude!". I can only imagine the furor if the shoe
were on the other foot.

Dave S.

Moro Grubb of Little Delving

On May 6, 1:31*am, LOL! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2011 20:45:18 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >40% more than the U.S., with a 5% higher dollar. *Canadian merchant
> >mantra: *"Sell a little for a lot, rather than a lot for a little."

> >http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...-f-1-8g-lens/1...

> >http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...+f/1.8+Lens+fo...

> And do you know what this means?
>
> It means that Cannucks need to get off their useless asses and make their
> own lens and camera companies and factories. Then you can jump for joy when
> you charge all other countries an equivalent or higher mark-up than what
> you have do endure.
>
> What's that? Canadians are such ****ing morons that they can't even melt
> sand into glass and grind their own lenses? They have no concept of any
> technology of the last 5 millennia? All they know about is how to make
> back-bacon and beer?
>
> Yeah. Figured as much.

.... and oil!

Canada supplies 11% of the US' oil consumption. Yet, gas costs 20%
less south of where I live, just over the border...

/M

RichA

On May 6, 1:16*pm, "R. Mark Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > 40% more than the U.S., with a 5% higher dollar. *Canadian merchant
> > mantra: *"Sell a little for a lot, rather than a lot for a little."

> >http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...-f-1-8g-lens/1...

> >http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...+f/1.8+Lens+fo...

> This is peanuts compared to Rip of Britain (RoB).
>
> The worst offenders were Yamaha, whose AV gear was over 100% more expensive
> in the UK (net of taxes). *Unlike Sony they used to nationalise the products
> so that 240V UK products would not work on US 120V and vice versa. *Sony's
> guarantees are international too.

Yamaha is competitive in Canada, Denon is not. At least 50% more
expensive than the U.S. Which proves either Yamaha likes losing
money, or these clods on this group don't know what the F--- they are
talking about when it comes to the markets in the two countries.

Skewed tilt on shoe mount flashes andyj1011@gmail.com Digital Photography 3 09-15-2006 11:51 PM
Select skewed when using overflow help HTML 2 04-13-2006 04:30 AM
Skewed Random Number shuchalle@hotmail.com Java 3 09-19-2005 10:51 PM
Image getting skewed apoorv C++ 1 02-14-2005 01:05 PM
Printed 8x10's are a little skewed Swingman Digital Photography 5 11-16-2004 12:03 AM

Advertisments