Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help on dvd recording off cable and then editing it.

Help on dvd recording off cable and then editing it.

norswoolki norswoolki is offline
Junior Member
Location: st.louis, mo.

I want to record on dvd Turner Classic Movies off cable and then edit it. Many good movies have just a few parts that are not "family friendly" and I want to edit them out as easily as possible.Can this be done on a dvd recorder (I haven't bought one yet). If not through computer (hopefully not as I'm not computer savvy yet)? I used to do it on vcr tapes by playing one and recording on another using the pause button (quite time consuming). I've heard some dvd recorders have editing features that you can edit out what you don't want frame by frame.