Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Wikileaks illuminates copyright shenanigans

Wikileaks illuminates copyright shenanigans

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

http://tinyurl.com/6buqozn

Peter

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/6buqozn

"The US influenced copyright policy in Sweden and in Spain, it shouldn't
really be much of a surprise that the US unduly influenced copyright policy
elsewhere as well. The latest Wikileaks report confirms what pretty much
everyone knew already: copyright reform in Canada was driven mainly by US
interests."

It is hard to believe that it isn't happening here in NZ. That is, our NZ
government (National and Labour) take more notice of instructions from
foreign interests, than they do of the interests of NZ artists and citizens.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <4dbb1f6d$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6buqozn

>"The US influenced copyright policy in Sweden and in Spain, it shouldn't
>really be much of a surprise that the US unduly influenced copyright policy
>elsewhere as well. The latest Wikileaks report confirms what pretty much
>everyone knew already: copyright reform in Canada was driven mainly by US
>interests."

>It is hard to believe that it isn't happening here in NZ. That is, our NZ
>government (National and Labour) take more notice of instructions from
>foreign interests, than they do of the interests of NZ artists and citizens.

Agreed. ... and all against a background of the US making much of it's dosh
years ago from having a copyright/patent system then that was similar to
china's now ! Though I don't think they paid the lip service that china
does.

I'm imaging the USA doesn't do history all that well.