Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win7 windows temp files

Win7 windows temp files

joevan

x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
does that mean. It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
getting messed up or at least, bit defender keeps finding temp files
it doesn't like and deleting them.

Carlos

So what would be your question?
Carlos

On 29 abr, 08:18, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
> does that mean. *It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
> getting messed up or at least, *bit defender keeps finding *temp files
> it doesn't like and deleting them.

Robert Carnegie

On Apr 29, 12:18*pm, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
> does that mean. *It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
> getting messed up or at least, *bit defender keeps finding *temp files
> it doesn't like and deleting them.

If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
problem but that is only a coincidence?

If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. But
maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
and htey haven't noticed a problem.

"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
download for free (without support service) and use to test your
computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

joevan

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Apr 29, 12:18*pm, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
>> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
>> does that mean. *It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
>> getting messed up or at least, *bit defender keeps finding *temp files
>> it doesn't like and deleting them.

>If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
>some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
>deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
>BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
>BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
>appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.
>
>Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
>Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.
>
>Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
>judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
>problem but that is only a coincidence?
>
>If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
>sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
>case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. But
>maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
>and htey haven't noticed a problem.
>
>"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
>download for free (without support service) and use to test your
>computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
>haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
>during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
>it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
of my machines. I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
persists.
I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.

Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
temp without problems.
BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
24hrsupport.helpdesk
If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
to have someone like you to give advice.

Robert Carnegie

On Apr 30, 12:04*pm, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Apr 29, 12:18*pm, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
> >> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
> >> does that mean. *It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
> >> getting messed up or at least, *bit defender keeps finding *temp files
> >> it doesn't like and deleting them.

> >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
> >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
> >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
> >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
> >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
> >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

> >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
> >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

> >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
> >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
> >problem but that is only a coincidence?

> >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
> >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
> >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. *But
> >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
> >and htey haven't noticed a problem.

> >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
> >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
> >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
> >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
> >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
> >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

> Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
> of my machines. *I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
> persists.
> I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
>
> *Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
> temp without problems.
> BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
> 24hrsupport.helpdesk
> If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
> to have someone like you to give advice.

Certainly if you reboot the PC, any temporary files dated before the
reboot, you can delete. Browser cache not so much.

Maybe booting and then running "Disk cleanup" is the best way to get
at that.

But a virus will try to avoid being deleted, or to re-download
itself...

joevan

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:54:06 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Apr 30, 12:04*pm, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
>> >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
>> >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
>> >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
>> >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
>> >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

>> >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
>> >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

>> >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
>> >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
>> >problem but that is only a coincidence?

>> >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
>> >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
>> >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. *But
>> >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
>> >and htey haven't noticed a problem.

>> >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
>> >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
>> >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
>> >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
>> >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
>> >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

>> Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
>> of my machines. *I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
>> persists.
>> I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
>>
>> *Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
>> temp without problems.
>> BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
>> 24hrsupport.helpdesk
>> If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
>> to have someone like you to give advice.

>Certainly if you reboot the PC, any temporary files dated before the
>reboot, you can delete. Browser cache not so much.
>
>Maybe booting and then running "Disk cleanup" is the best way to get
>at that.
>
>But a virus will try to avoid being deleted, or to re-download
>itself...

Thanks, I send some of your info to them and they sent me a link to
download the new 2011 bdav. All seems to be AOK now.

wilby

On 4/30/2011 5:04 AM, joevan wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, joevan<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
>>> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
>>> does that mean. It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
>>> getting messed up or at least, bit defender keeps finding temp files
>>> it doesn't like and deleting them.

>> If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
>> some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
>> deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
>> BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
>> BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
>> appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.
>>
>> Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
>> Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.
>>
>> Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
>> judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
>> problem but that is only a coincidence?
>>
>> If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
>> sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
>> case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. But
>> maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
>> and htey haven't noticed a problem.
>>
>> "Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
>> download for free (without support service) and use to test your
>> computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
>> haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
>> during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
>> it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

> Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
> of my machines. I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
> persists.
> I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
>

> Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
> temp without problems.
> BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
> 24hrsupport.helpdesk
> If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
> to have someone like you to give advice.

Joevan:

I would look at this situation based on my experience with BitDefender.
I have never paid for a worse and buggy software in my life than
BitDefender. Even the worst freeware is better than BD. I will never
ever allow BD on my computers again.

You may have a better experience with BD than I did. I hope so. Version
2011 may actually work, I refused to test it. 2008, 2009, & 2010 didn't.

BD on-line help was generally worthless however I did get some genuine
help occasionally.

Wilby

Robert Carnegie

On Apr 30, 12:04*pm, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Apr 29, 12:18*pm, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
> >> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
> >> does that mean. *It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
> >> getting messed up or at least, *bit defender keeps finding *temp files
> >> it doesn't like and deleting them.

> >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
> >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
> >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
> >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
> >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
> >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

> >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
> >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

> >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
> >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
> >problem but that is only a coincidence?

> >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
> >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
> >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. *But
> >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
> >and htey haven't noticed a problem.

> >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
> >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
> >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
> >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
> >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
> >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

> Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
> of my machines. *I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
> persists.
> I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
>
> *Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
> temp without problems.
> BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
> 24hrsupport.helpdesk
> If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
> to have someone like you to give advice.

Do you mean "24hoursupprt.helpdesk"? i.e. this?
<http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics>

My first thought is "I see what you mean." And, hey, Osama bin Laden
died.

joevan

On Mon, 2 May 2011 06:45:47 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Apr 30, 12:04*pm, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
>> >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
>> >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
>> >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
>> >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
>> >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

>> >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
>> >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

>> >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
>> >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
>> >problem but that is only a coincidence?

>> >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
>> >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
>> >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. *But
>> >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
>> >and htey haven't noticed a problem.

>> >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
>> >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
>> >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
>> >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
>> >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
>> >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

>> Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
>> of my machines. *I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
>> persists.
>> I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
>>
>> *Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
>> temp without problems.
>> BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
>> 24hrsupport.helpdesk
>> If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
>> to have someone like you to give advice.

>Do you mean "24hoursupprt.helpdesk"? i.e. this?
><http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics>
>
>My first thought is "I see what you mean." And, hey, Osama bin Laden
>died.

Yes, ing Dong, the bitch is dead. Bong Bong.

Bill Sharpe

BullDawg
In God We Trust
<Snipped>

>>And, hey, Osama bin Laden
>>died.

> Yes, ing Dong, the bitch is dead. Bong Bong.

Where is the long form death certificate?