Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bluetooth Adapter

Bluetooth Adapter

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

First I was wondering what's the technical difference between low tooth and
8o11 b/g and why do they have both.

Main problem I purchased a new Verizon wireless cell phone at its Bluetooth
enabled, I then purchased a Bluetooth adapter for my Dell laptop I am trying
to use my cell phone as a wireless modem. Verizon says it is possible and so
does the Bluetooth adapter company.

I installed the Bluetooth adapter onto my laptop and then I have my cell
phone recognized the adapter "Paire" both the cell phone and the computer
recognize each other but from their I do not know what to do I do not know
how to set up Windows to dial through my cell phone there is no software that
came with the adapter that allows me to do this when I double click the icon
my Bluetooth places nothing happens when I click to my Bluetooth places in
the all programs list still nothing happens.

I called Verizon and they said I need to contact Microsoft or the Bluetooth
manufacture I contacted the Bluetooth manufacture and they said I need to
contact Microsoft or the cell phone manufacture.

Does anybody know how to config Windows so I can use my cell phone as a
wireless modem to connect to the Internet.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

I've recently went to My network connections and under personal network
connections found a Bluetooth connection disconnected so I went to connect it
by opening view Bluetooth network devices and went I asked Windows to search
for Bluetooth device it keeps not recognizing my cell phone and I get the
following message "Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure that
your Bluetooth radio is attached to your computer and is turned on, and that
your Bluetooth device is turned on. Follow the setup instructions that came
with the device, and then click Search Again."

But when I go to Bluetooth devices listed by the Bluetooth icon on my bottom
left-hand corner of my screen under device is my cell phone is listed under
the port option the name of my cell phone is also listed with the reading
outgoing and stating that my computer sees it on COM3 "Jason" wrote:

> First I was wondering what's the technical difference between low tooth and
> 8o11 b/g and why do they have both.
>
> Main problem I purchased a new Verizon wireless cell phone at its Bluetooth
> enabled, I then purchased a Bluetooth adapter for my Dell laptop I am trying
> to use my cell phone as a wireless modem. Verizon says it is possible and so
> does the Bluetooth adapter company.
>
> I installed the Bluetooth adapter onto my laptop and then I have my cell
> phone recognized the adapter "Paire" both the cell phone and the computer
> recognize each other but from their I do not know what to do I do not know
> how to set up Windows to dial through my cell phone there is no software that
> came with the adapter that allows me to do this when I double click the icon
> my Bluetooth places nothing happens when I click to my Bluetooth places in
> the all programs list still nothing happens.
>
> I called Verizon and they said I need to contact Microsoft or the Bluetooth
> manufacture I contacted the Bluetooth manufacture and they said I need to
> contact Microsoft or the cell phone manufacture.
>
> Does anybody know how to config Windows so I can use my cell phone as a
> wireless modem to connect to the Internet.

Mac

you need the dial up software that is supplied by you phone manufacturer "if
" your phone support this feature! it has nothing to do with the adapter or
verizon as long as your data plan supports dial up!I'd like to help you more
but without the make and model if your phone that is as far as I can do!
BTW, don't confuse BT with 811 b/g..2 different technologies!

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've recently went to My network connections and under personal network
> connections found a Bluetooth connection disconnected so I went to connect
> it
> by opening view Bluetooth network devices and went I asked Windows to
> search
> for Bluetooth device it keeps not recognizing my cell phone and I get the
> following message "Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure
> that
> your Bluetooth radio is attached to your computer and is turned on, and
> that
> your Bluetooth device is turned on. Follow the setup instructions that
> came
> with the device, and then click Search Again."
>
> But when I go to Bluetooth devices listed by the Bluetooth icon on my
> bottom
> left-hand corner of my screen under device is my cell phone is listed
> under
> the port option the name of my cell phone is also listed with the reading
> outgoing and stating that my computer sees it on COM3 "Jason" wrote:
>
>> First I was wondering what's the technical difference between low tooth
>> and
>> 8o11 b/g and why do they have both.
>>
>> Main problem I purchased a new Verizon wireless cell phone at its
>> Bluetooth
>> enabled, I then purchased a Bluetooth adapter for my Dell laptop I am
>> trying
>> to use my cell phone as a wireless modem. Verizon says it is possible
>> and so
>> does the Bluetooth adapter company.
>>
>> I installed the Bluetooth adapter onto my laptop and then I have my cell
>> phone recognized the adapter "Paire" both the cell phone and the computer
>> recognize each other but from their I do not know what to do I do not
>> know
>> how to set up Windows to dial through my cell phone there is no software
>> that
>> came with the adapter that allows me to do this when I double click the
>> icon
>> my Bluetooth places nothing happens when I click to my Bluetooth places
>> in
>> the all programs list still nothing happens.
>>
>> I called Verizon and they said I need to contact Microsoft or the
>> Bluetooth
>> manufacture I contacted the Bluetooth manufacture and they said I need to
>> contact Microsoft or the cell phone manufacture.
>>
>> Does anybody know how to config Windows so I can use my cell phone as a
>> wireless modem to connect to the Internet.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

Motorola V710, why the to BT and 811?

"Mac" wrote:

> [...]
> >> recognize each other but from their I do not know what to do I do not
> >> know
> >> how to set up Windows to dial through my cell phone there is no software
> >> that
> >> came with the adapter that allows me to do this when I double click the
> >> icon
> >> my Bluetooth places nothing happens when I click to my Bluetooth places
> >> in
> >> the all programs list still nothing happens.
> >>
> >> I called Verizon and they said I need to contact Microsoft or the
> >> Bluetooth
> >> manufacture I contacted the Bluetooth manufacture and they said I need to
> >> contact Microsoft or the cell phone manufacture.
> >>
> >> Does anybody know how to config Windows so I can use my cell phone as a
> >> wireless modem to connect to the Internet.

This is a really great phone, but it has certainly been crippled at
Verizon's request.

This is from Moto web site!

"NOTE: Certain mobile phone features are dependent on the capabilities and
settings of your service provider's network. Additionally, certain features
may not be activated by your service provider, and/or their network settings
may limit the feature's functionality.Always contact your service provider
about feature availability and functionality.All features, functionality and
other product specifications are based upon the latest available information
and are believed to be accurate; however such product specifications are
subject to change without notice or obligation."

Again, Make sure that Verizon did not kill the modem (via Bluetooth)
feature! If they did not then Use the CD that came with the phone to install
the dial up software for your specific phone and you should be good to go!
Good luck!

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Motorola V710, why the to BT and 811?
>
> "Mac" wrote:
>
>> you need the dial up software that is supplied by you phone manufacturer
>> "if
>> " your phone support this feature! it has nothing to do with the adapter
>> or
>> verizon as long as your data plan supports dial up!I'd like to help you
>> more
>> but without the make and model if your phone that is as far as I can do!
>> BTW, don't confuse BT with 811 b/g..2 different technologies!
>>
>> "Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've recently went to My network connections and under personal network
>> > connections found a Bluetooth connection disconnected so I went to
>> > connect
>> > it
>> > by opening view Bluetooth network devices and went I asked Windows to
>> > search
>> > for Bluetooth device it keeps not recognizing my cell phone and I get
>> > the
>> > following message "Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure
>> > that
>> > your Bluetooth radio is attached to your computer and is turned on, and
>> > that
>> > your Bluetooth device is turned on. Follow the setup instructions that
>> > came
>> > with the device, and then click Search Again."
>> >
>> > But when I go to Bluetooth devices listed by the Bluetooth icon on my
>> > bottom
>> > left-hand corner of my screen under device is my cell phone is listed
>> > under
>> > the port option the name of my cell phone is also listed with the
>> > reading

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

I have also tryed it with my new LG8100 and the same thing