Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Html code beautifier

Html code beautifier

Joe Snodgrass

I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
can get such a thing? TIA.

Jerry Stuckle

On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

> I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
> can get such a thing? TIA.

Try an html newsgroup.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

Lew

On 04/28/2011 09:30 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking for an html [sic] code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
>> can get such a thing? TIA.

> Try an html [sic] newsgroup.

Oh, come on. Help out a cross-posting brother who posts to every other group
*but* an HTML newsgroup:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=html+code+beautifier

Also, the OP might wish to consider using one of the popular IDEs (Integrated
Development Environments) out there, such as emacs; they all know how to
"beautify" HTML. (Beauty is in your eye, beholder.)

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Graham Hobbs

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:44:48 -0400, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 04/28/2011 09:30 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm looking for an html [sic] code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
>>> can get such a thing? TIA.

>> Try an html [sic] newsgroup.
>>

>Oh, come on. Help out a cross-posting brother who posts to every other group
>*but* an HTML newsgroup:
>
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=html+code+beautifier
>
>Also, the OP might wish to consider using one of the popular IDEs (Integrated
>Development Environments) out there, such as emacs; they all know how to
>"beautify" HTML. (Beauty is in your eye, beholder.)

Hey Lew,
That link was neat!
Graham

Lew

Graham Hobbs wrote:
> Lew wrote:
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=html+code+beautifier

> That link was neat!

I love that site, and I always follow the links I post.

I never tire of the LMGTFY animation.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Martin Gregorie

Try HTML-tidy, http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Bill B

On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

> I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
> can get such a thing? TIA.

Notepad++ has a decent HTML Tidy tool. Has other good attributes also.

Bill B

John B. Matthews

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Joe Snodgrass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
> can get such a thing? TIA.

Ob Java, Arachnophilia:

<http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index.php>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Roedy Green

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 06:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Joe Snodgrass
said :

>I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
>can get such a thing? TIA.

I use a combination of tools:

HTMLTidy which requires a lot of configuring. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/htmltidy.html

HTMLTidy does a fair number of idiotic things to the code. I use a
Funduc Search/replace script to clean up after it.

Then I use Compactor to get rid of any excess blank space.
see http://mindprod.com/products1.html#COMPACTOR

I have my own tidier on the stack in a state of partial completion
with several projects ahead of it.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Jerry Stuckle

On 4/28/2011 9:44 AM, Lew wrote:
> On 04/28/2011 09:30 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm looking for an html [sic] code beautifier. Would anybody know
>>> where I
>>> can get such a thing? TIA.

>> Try an html [sic] newsgroup.
>>

> Oh, come on. Help out a cross-posting brother who posts to every other
> group *but* an HTML newsgroup:
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=html+code+beautifier
>
> Also, the OP might wish to consider using one of the popular IDEs
> (Integrated Development Environments) out there, such as emacs; they all
> know how to "beautify" HTML. (Beauty is in your eye, beholder.)

Yes, he posted everyplace but an appropriate newsgroup.

However, anyone can google for an answer. But that seldom gets good
recommendations - which he can get if he asks in the appropriate newsgroup.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.