Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google doesn't recognise passport.

Google doesn't recognise passport.

Geopelia

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2011-04-27, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
>> changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
>>
>> There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
>>
>> What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I
>> keep
>> trying, or ask for another password, or what?
>>

> FWIW it appears that Google is receiving some unwanted attention.
> http://gmail-backup.com leads on into the twilight zone. NZ PC World, page
> 78 of May edition says that there is a programme to backup ones gmail

I don't use gmail.

I've changed my password now for Google, but I only use Google to look up
things.
The groups keep changing and are very complicated to use, for me.

Geopelia

Enkidu

On 29/04/11 22:50, EMB wrote:
> On 28/04/2011 7:17 p.m., William Brown wrote:

>>> More bullshit from Woger.

>> 100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
>> be such a dork

> Strangely enough Woger, that's a subject I know a lot more about than
> you ever will.
>
> Even simple logic proves you wrong - a dynamic broadband IP changes so
> infrequently that is is static from the point of view of hacking risk.

Rog is probably harking back to the days when the TelstraClear cable
connection was an uncontrolled pure ethernet. Boy, if you monitored the
traffic in those days it was scary!

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

William Brown

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:50:53 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 28/04/2011 7:17 p.m., William Brown wrote:

>>> More bullshit from Woger.

>> 100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
>> be such a dork

>Strangely enough Woger, that's a subject I know a lot more about than
>you ever will.
>
>Even simple logic proves you wrong - a dynamic broadband IP changes so
>infrequently that is is static from the point of view of hacking risk.

Funny that I could change is every min if I wished to, seems like you
are still out of touch..

William Brown

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 23:59:13 +1200, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 29/04/11 22:50, EMB wrote:

>>> 100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
>>> be such a dork

>> Strangely enough Woger, that's a subject I know a lot more about than
>> you ever will.
>>
>> Even simple logic proves you wrong - a dynamic broadband IP changes so
>> infrequently that is is static from the point of view of hacking risk.
>>

>Rog is probably harking back to the days when the TelstraClear cable
>connection was an uncontrolled pure ethernet. Boy, if you monitored the
>traffic in those days it was scary!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Cliff

No I was referring to the Paradise days, nothing at all to do with
TelstraClear as it was before there time.

William Brown

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:40:08 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 30/04/2011 7:07 p.m., William Brown wrote:

>>> Strangely enough Woger, that's a subject I know a lot more about than
>>> you ever will.
>>>
>>> Even simple logic proves you wrong - a dynamic broadband IP changes so
>>> infrequently that is is static from the point of view of hacking risk.
>>>

>> Funny that I could change is every min if I wished to, seems like you
>> are still out of touch..
>>

>And how exactly are you going to do that Woger? And why does it matter
>anyway if you're behind a NAT router as 99% of home broadband users are?

From memory it just a thing I clicked on but this was the old days you
did not need a router at all.

You do seem to forget that Paradise provided Cable in Kapiti a long time
ago, but it was not really broadband as such but from memory about 5
times faster than dial up.

Me thinks this is before you were hatched.??

William Brown

On Sun, 01 May 2011 19:23:24 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 1/05/2011 6:37 p.m., William Brown wrote:

>>> And how exactly are you going to do that Woger? And why does it matter
>>> anyway if you're behind a NAT router as 99% of home broadband users are?

>> From memory it just a thing I clicked on but this was the old days you
>> did not need a router at all.

>Even then as an "always on" service having a static IP didn't make a lot
>of difference as you tended to keep a static IP address for a reasonable
>period of time.
>

>> You do seem to forget that Paradise provided Cable in Kapiti a long time
>> ago, but it was not really broadband as such but from memory about 5
>> times faster than dial up.

>Changing the frame of reference again are we Woger? You made comments
>that *might* have been true about a now defunct fraudband service
>provided somewhere near Wellington a decade ago in direct reference to a
>current ADSL broadband service being provided somewhere near Auckland.
>Not only wrong but irrelevant.

I MADE NO REFERENCE TO ADSL AT ALL, YOU HAVE JUST BROUGHT IT UP.

>> Me thinks this is before you were hatched.??
>>

>Methinks you need at readjust your view on that on.

Na Dragons get hatched.

Geopelia

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ipjclg$4rq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 1/05/2011 10:17 p.m., William Brown wrote:

>>> Even then as an "always on" service having a static IP didn't make a lot
>>> of difference as you tended to keep a static IP address for a reasonable
>>> period of time.

>>> Changing the frame of reference again are we Woger? You made comments
>>> that *might* have been true about a now defunct fraudband service
>>> provided somewhere near Wellington a decade ago in direct reference to a
>>> current ADSL broadband service being provided somewhere near Auckland.
>>> Not only wrong but irrelevant.

>> I MADE NO REFERENCE TO ADSL AT ALL, YOU HAVE JUST BROUGHT IT UP.

> Geopelia was talking about her new ADSL broadband in this thread then you
> started blathering on about "Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are
> easy to get hacked". You now say that "it was not really broadband as
> such", so in fact your comments are irrelevant twice over.

Is my Broadband ADSL, whatever that is? I got it from Telecom.
It seems faster than dial up, and I can get videos.

Geopelia

Geopelia

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ipkblp$ma2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2/05/2011 12:02 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
>>
>> Is my Broadband ADSL, whatever that is? I got it from Telecom.
>> It seems faster than dial up, and I can get videos.

> It is ADSL, which stands for Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line. The
> technical nitpickers will probably jump in and scream "wrong" but in
> simple terms it uses the frequencies above the voice range to transmit the
> data signals (which is why you can be on the internet and phone at the
> same time). There is greater bandwidth (ie more signal space available)
> in this area above the voice signal which means more data can be passed at
> once, hence the higher speed that enables you to watch videos.

Thank you. I don't understand all the technical stuff, but as long as things
work I'm happy.
It will be handy if I have to get xtra to talk me through something on the
phone.

Geopelia