Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google doesn't recognise passport.

Google doesn't recognise passport.

Geopelia

Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
changing to Broadband? It always worked before.

There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?

What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
trying, or ask for another password, or what?

Thank you.

Geopelia

Geopelia

That's meant to be Password. I've corrected it.

"Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ip8e1n$vgo$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
> changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
>
> There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
>
> What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
> trying, or ask for another password, or what?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Geopelia

Peter

Geopelia wrote:
> Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
> changing to Broadband? It always worked before.

It won't change just because you've gone to broadband.

> There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?

Maybe that is Western Digital password, in which case it is nothing to do
with gmail.

> What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
> trying, or ask for another password, or what?

Is it possible that someone has gained access to your gmail account?

I would click on the "can't access your account" link on the gmail login
page, and change the password to something new. Pick a new password that is
at least 8 characters long, has upper and lower case letters, numbers and
symbols (!@#$%^&*;/<>[~=-) and not a dictionary word (and not your username,
email or real name).

HTH

Peter

William Brown

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:44:23 +1200, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
>changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
>
>There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
>
>What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
>trying, or ask for another password, or what?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Geopelia

What Google you do not say.

Broadband has nothing to do with it at all, the only thing is that
Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

Geopelia

news:4db7bfbc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geopelia wrote:
>> Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
>> changing to Broadband? It always worked before.

> It won't change just because you've gone to broadband.
>
>> There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?

> Maybe that is Western Digital password, in which case it is nothing to do
> with gmail.
>
>> What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I
>> keep
>> trying, or ask for another password, or what?

> Is it possible that someone has gained access to your gmail account?

I haven't got one now. I didn't fill out the big form as I would never use
it.

> I would click on the "can't access your account" link on the gmail login
> page, and change the password to something new. Pick a new password that
> is
> at least 8 characters long, has upper and lower case letters, numbers and
> symbols (!@#$%^&*;/<>[~=-) and not a dictionary word (and not your
> username,
> email or real name).
>
> HTH
>

> Peter

Thank you. I changed the password.

Google seems to be working, for looking things up.

I had a look at Google Groups. It seems to be changing everything, but I
still found my groups.
I was surprised to find it "didn't recognise my language."
English is probably the world's most widely used language! Or is that
Chinese now?
English US is there though so I suppose I'll need to use American spelling.

I wouldn't use Google Groups though unless september and aioe weren't
working.
It's much too complicated.

Geopelia

Geopelia

"William Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:44:23 +1200, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
>>changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
>>
>>There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
>>
>>What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
>>trying, or ask for another password, or what?
>>
>>Thank you.
>>
>>Geopelia
>>

> What Google you do not say.

Is there more than one Google?

> Broadband has nothing to do with it at all, the only thing is that
> Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

Gordon

On 2011-04-27, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 27/04/2011 7:48 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>
>> Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

> More bullshit from Woger.

Well, economical with the truth

Gordon

On 2011-04-27, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
> changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
>
> There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
>
> What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
> trying, or ask for another password, or what?

FWIW it appears that Google is receiving some unwanted attention.
http://gmail-backup.com leads on into the twilight zone. NZ PC World, page
78 of May edition says that there is a programme to backup ones gmail

William Brown

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:59:42 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 27/04/2011 7:48 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>
>> Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

>More bullshit from Woger.

100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
be such a dork

PeeCee

On 28/04/2011 7:17 p.m., William Brown wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:59:42 +1200, EMB<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 27/04/2011 7:48 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

>> More bullshit from Woger.

> 100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
> be such a dork

mmmmmmm

Cleaned a PC up yesterday that was riddled with False security alerts,
Trojans, droppers, backdoor servers, keyloggers & rootkits.

Probably the worst case I've had for quite some time (years?)

The PC in question has 'always' used dial up!

mmmmmmm

Paul.