Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Talking of IE6 and Govt departments

Talking of IE6 and Govt departments

dorayme

<https://myrta.com/regcheck/>

April 2011!

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme wrote:
> <https://myrta.com/regcheck/>
>
> April 2011!

It's expired

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article <ip84qd$hpo$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> dorayme wrote:
> > <https://myrta.com/regcheck/>
> >
> > April 2011!

> It's expired

I got it via white on red link at bottom of

<http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/myrta/rego...ion-check.html

--
dorayme

Jukka K. Korpela

dorayme wrote:

> <https://myrta.com/regcheck/>
>
> April 2011!

Your point being? Is it bad to have a site that works even on IE 6? (I'm
just assuming it does.) Or did you miss the "+" sign in
"We recommend that you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ to view this
site."
and the fact that the link in it points to a page where you can download the
newest released version of IE (currently IE 9)?

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Tim Streater

In article <aWMtp.37020$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Jukka K. Korpela" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>
> > <https://myrta.com/regcheck/>
> >
> > April 2011!

> Your point being? Is it bad to have a site that works even on IE 6? (I'm
> just assuming it does.) Or did you miss the "+" sign in
> "We recommend that you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ to view this
> site."
> and the fact that the link in it points to a page where you can download the
> newest released version of IE (currently IE 9)?

To me, the "+" means "better than", indicating I should use Safari, or
FireFox, or something other than IE.

--
Tim

dorayme

In article <aWMtp.37020$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Jukka K. Korpela" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>
> > <https://myrta.com/regcheck/>
> >
> > April 2011!

> Your point being? Is it bad to have a site that works even on IE 6? (I'm
> just assuming it does.) Or did you miss the "+" sign in
> "We recommend that you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ to view this
> site."
> and the fact that the link in it points to a page where you can download the
> newest released version of IE (currently IE 9)?

As it happens, I did miss it, and I am sorry for this. But there
is still a crime committed, just not quite as specifically bad as
I had thought.

I think I know how you worked out that I missed the +. Still, it
was astute of you, and no matter how little is posted here, it is
exciting that we all need to be careful of everything.

My newsreader has a preference setting to throw up a notice after
trying to post that says "Are you sure?". I have never turned it,
on reasoning that I would get blasť over time and ignore it
anyway!

--
dorayme