Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How many Nikon 24-120mm's have their been?

How many Nikon 24-120mm's have their been?

RichA

On Apr 27, 3:31*pm, "Michael Benveniste" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "Special?" *In what sense? *They had D, ED, ED VR and the new f4.0
> > across the board.

> The non-VR ED version would be "special," because if it ever
> existed it was never released publicly. *Nor is it listed in
> the Archive section of the Nikon Imaging website.
>
> I eagerly await your evidence of same as well as your
> comparison photos.

Keep waiting. The last time I proved a point doing that (the DOF
test), the naysayers ran back under the rocks without a word.

Michael Benveniste

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Keep waiting. The last time I proved a point doing that (the DOF
> test), the naysayers ran back under the rocks without a word.

I'm shocked, simply shocked. Please feel free to emulate your
naysayers.

--
Mike Benveniste -- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

RichA

On Apr 28, 1:29*am, "Michael Benveniste" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Keep waiting. *The last time I proved a point doing that (the DOF
> > test), the naysayers ran back under the rocks without a word.

> I'm shocked, simply shocked. *Please feel free to emulate your
> naysayers.

I'm not sure what it is that you want to see. I have access
(currently) to the D and the VR ED version, but not the f4.0 version.
However, on Photozone.de, it got a lukewarm review, which for $1200 is
pretty sad. The 16-85mm is a much better lens (for DX) is half the
price and you only lose 1 f-stop on the long end and you gain a
partial f-stop on the short end. Given the high ISO capability today,
I can only see FX'rs short on cash buying that lens, but no one else.

Mike Benveniste

On 4/28/2011 4:54 PM, RichA wrote:

> I'm not sure what it is that you want to see. I have access
> (currently) to the D and the VR ED version, but not the f4.0 version.

That makes three. You claimed there were four versions. I want
to see evidence of the non-VR ED version you claimed existed. Or is it
simply a matter that you lose count once you get past two?

You also claimed "I tried one on the D300. The 16-85 wipes the floor
with it," which out saying which version "one" or "it" was. I asked
for _your_ comparison, not a "pick-and-choose" rehash of some other
source of your choosing. I wanted to see how you managed to do an
"apples-to-apples" comparison of lenses which covered both different
focal lengths and image circles.

Doug asked you for the same thing. What was (and is) so hard to
understand about that?

--
Mike Benveniste -- (E-Mail Removed) (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing