Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > specialization inside a template

specialization inside a template

Marc

I am having trouble understanding why the following is forbidden:

template<class> struct A {
template<class>struct B;
template<>struct B<int>{};
template<>struct B<double>{};
};

while this is perfectly fine:

template<class> struct A {
template<class,int=0>struct B;
template<int i>struct B<int,i>{};
template<int i>struct B<double,i>{};
};

Well, I know the difference between the 2 cases, what I am interested
in is the reason that led to standardize things this way (I'd be happy
to learn it is just lack of interest).

Workarounds can be painful.