Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > NetBeans 7.0 is out

NetBeans 7.0 is out

Lew

NetBeans 7.0 is out.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Luuk

On 22-04-2011 13:05, Lew wrote:
> NetBeans 7.0 is out.

and?

Maybe, if you add some nice NEW or CHANGED features this post has more
value?

--
Luuk

marx2k

On 2011-04-22, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> NetBeans 7.0 is out.

Yes it is. I've been following it through from the beta stages and it seems to
be doing well though some tasks are still kind of slow for no real reason and
sometimes those same tasks are fast(er).

Luuk

On 22-04-2011 19:43, Lew wrote:
> On 04/22/2011 11:49 AM, Luuk wrote:
>> On 22-04-2011 13:05, Lew wrote:
>>> NetBeans 7.0 is out.
>>>

>> and?
>>
>> Maybe, if you add some nice NEW or CHANGED features this post has more
>> value?

> Bite me.

no, i wont......

--
Luuk

markspace

On 4/22/2011 8:49 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 22-04-2011 13:05, Lew wrote:
>> NetBeans 7.0 is out.
>>

> and?
>
> Maybe, if you add some nice NEW or CHANGED features this post has more
> value?

It isn't that hard to look for yourself. Here's one I didn't know:

"Since Oracle has discontinued further development of JavaFX Script,
JavaFX support has been temporarily removed from NetBeans 7.0. Work on
JavaFX 2.0 with Java APIs has been announced, and NetBeans IDE will be a
primary tool for the new technology. "

Ouch, JavaFX support removed? Oracle isn't supporting it much either.
I guess it wasn't the blockbuster Sun was hoping for.

Other features:

JDK 7

* Project Coin support
* Editor enhancements: Code completion, hints

WebLogic Server

* Streamlined and faster deployment to WebLogic
* New server runtime node displaying deployed applications and
resources
* JSF integration with server libraries

Oracle Database

* Simplified connection wizard
* Guided installation to JDBC driver
* Editing and deployment of stored procedures

JDK 7 switch

GlassFish

* GlassFish 3.1 support
* Domain restart and log viewer for remote GlassFish
* Enable and disable deployed applications

Java

* Maven 3 support
* JUnit 4.8.2 integration and various JUnit improvements
* Remote HTTP URLs supported for Javadoc in libraries and Java
platforms
* New improved visual customizer for GridBagLayout

Java EE

* Improved support for CDI, REST services and Java Persistence
* New support for Bean Validation
* Support for JSF component libraries, including bundled PrimeFaces
library
* Improved editing for Expression Language in JSF, including code
completion, refactoring and hints

Web Languages

* HTML5 editing support
* JSON formatter

PHP

* Generate PhpDoc
* Rename refactoring, Safe Delete Refactoring
* PHP 5.3 - Support for aliases

C/C++

* Easy import of project from user's existing binary
* New Project type where user's source files are located on remote
system

NetBeans Platform

* Annotations for generating Action registrations in the layer
* Performance enhancements & tight integration with Profiler
* Additional NetBeans API changes

General

* Word wrap in Editor
* Enhanced Profiler integration
* Less intrusive checking for external changes when switching
between the IDE and other programs.

Lew

jebblue wrote:
> Lew wrote:
>> NetBeans 7.0 is out.

> Eclipse the ruling development environment for at least two more
> decades is also out:
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

OK, you have made a statement without *any* supporting evidence or reasoning.

On what possible basis can you assert that Eclipse will rule for "at least two
more decades", and how do you define "rule"?

Please give actual evidence. Give /any/ credible prediction of the future of
Java development over 20 years, and any documented study, plan, strategic map
or anything at all that shows how Eclipse will fare in that scenario. Account
for trends like the brand-new editor paradigm introduced at Brown University.
Don't just blow gas out of your ass and light it, then invite us to admire
the heat.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

netbeans tabbing out lothia Java 4 05-14-2009 07:23 PM
Eclipse vs. Netbeans. Netbeans is winning me over almost at first glance. Thomas G. Marshall Java 2 10-16-2006 02:54 AM
Any Netbeans users out there? Rob Sang via JavaKB.com Java 3 03-08-2005 12:36 PM
[NETBEANS] [EVALUATION] - E12 - The NetBeans Open Source Lie Ilias Lazaridis Java 0 12-12-2004 02:41 PM
Building a GUI using NetBeans platform (not Netbeans IDE !) Pimousse Java 2 04-21-2004 07:22 AM

Advertisments