Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Royal wedding

Royal wedding

Whisky-dave

Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
again, so I won't be attending.

I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

Bruce

"Russell D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Tony wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
>>> above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
>>> primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
>>> again, so I won't be attending.

>> You just wondered?!! You really aught to get out more. Meet and socialize
>> with real people. Photos! I'll wait for the divorce!
>>
>>> I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
>>> probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

>> I have been associating with citizens of the USA since I worked in
>> Bentwaters in the 1960's. I have always found Americans strange in one way
>> or another.

><Garbage snipped>
>
>Yup, every citizen of the US is just as you described.
>
>Good grief.

No, the USA is surely the world's greatest collection of peace-loving,
sane, sensible people:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689438/pg3

John McWilliams

On 4/19/11 PDT 2:28 PM, Bruce wrote:
> "Russell D."<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Tony wrote:

>>> You just wondered?!! You really aught to get out more. Meet and socialize
>>> with real people. Photos! I'll wait for the divorce!

>>> I have been associating with citizens of the USA since I worked in
>>> Bentwaters in the 1960's. I have always found Americans strange in one way
>>> or another.

>> <Garbage snipped>
>>
>> Yup, every citizen of the US is just as you described.
>>
>> Good grief.

> No, the USA is surely the world's greatest collection of peace-loving,
> sane, sensible people:
>
> http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689438/pg3

Not reading links, but xenophobia is alive, it's alive!

There are more than enough dolts in any given country, except perhaps
Moravia, to go around and then some.

Whisky-dave

On Apr 20, 2:37*pm, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 4/19/2011 9:04 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
>
> > * Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
> > above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
> > primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
> > again, so I won't be attending.

> > I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
> > probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

> I got my invite, but honestly, I've never tasted any good food in
> England, so I'll pass.

We do have some good food, and we're closer to good food than most of
the USA appears to be.

> Seriously, why would anyone go to see yet another
> inbred freak married except for the food and drink?

I can think of loads of reasons why, but not many good ones. There's
is a chance of getting a 'good' or rather a commercial
photo with a long lens and luck. Some like the thought of saying I was
there on that day.
Now which country or perhaps who has spent $3 million on a Kate a
Wills film.
I heard it was shown a couple of days ago on the lifestyle channel,
I've heard it's not very good, so anyone seen this ?

John McWilliams

On 4/20/11 9:49 PM, rwalker wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
>> above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
>> primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
>> again, so I won't be attending.
>>
>> I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
>> probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

> Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
> strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
> royalty.

Well, "we" didn't. Not even close. Perhaps some of our GGGG Grandfathers
did.
Royalty is different from you and me. Always has been, always will be.

Bruce

rwalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
>>above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
>>primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
>>again, so I won't be attending.
>>
>>I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
>>probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

>Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
>strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
>royalty.

I thought the revolution was fought against British tax collectors.

I kind of wish the revolution had failed, because then the British tax
collectors wouldn't be soaking me (and other British citizens) for
every penny we have - and then some.

Whisky-dave

On Apr 20, 4:26*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2011-04-20 08:14:44 -0700, Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> >> I got my invite, but honestly, I've never tasted any good food in
> >> England, so I'll pass.

> > We do have some good food, and we're closer to good food than most of
> > the USA appears to be.

> >> Seriously, why would anyone go to see yet another
> >> inbred freak married except for the food and drink?

> > I can think of loads of reasons why, but not many good ones. There's
> > is a chance of getting a 'good' or rather a commercial
> > photo with a long lens and luck. Some like the thought of saying I was
> > there on that day.
> > Now which country or perhaps who has spent $3 million on a Kate a
> > Wills film.
> > I heard it was shown a couple of days ago on the lifestyle channel,
> > I've heard it's not very good, so anyone seen this ?

> Do you mean this?
> <http://machronicles.com/2011/04/19/k...yal-wedding-sp...

Well that's more like it

Whisky-dave

On Apr 21, 7:28*am, John McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 4/20/11 9:49 PM, rwalker wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> *wrote:

> >> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
> >> above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
> >> primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
> >> again, so I won't be attending.

> >> I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
> >> probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

> > Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
> > strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
> > royalty.

> Well, "we" didn't. Not even close. Perhaps some of our GGGG Grandfathers
> did.
> Royalty is different from you and me. Always has been, always will be.

I guess that's what makes it interesting that none of us will get the
same attention should we get married.
I wonder if Wills had been gay if a Royal Civil Partnership would have
happened.
I even had to look up what confirmation meant with regards to Kate...
or it is Christine...

Whisky-dave

On Apr 21, 10:10*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> rwalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
> >>above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
> >>primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
> >>again, so I won't be attending.

> >>I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
> >>probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

> >Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
> >strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
> >royalty. *

> I thought the revolution was fought against British tax collectors.

yes I think it was, or rather they could collect their own taxes and
not send
the money to use the B'stards

> I kind of wish the revolution had failed, because then the British tax
> collectors wouldn't be soaking me (and other British citizens) for
> every penny we have - and then some. *

Too bloody right, they are just an outpost of the British Isles and
should pay their taxes to the government

John McWilliams

On 4/21/11 2:57 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Apr 21, 10:10 am, Bruce<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> rwalker<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
>>> strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
>>> royalty.

>> I thought the revolution was fought against British tax collectors.

> yes I think it was, or rather they could collect their own taxes and
> not send
> the money to use the B'stards
>

>> I kind of wish the revolution had failed, because then the British tax
>> collectors wouldn't be soaking me (and other British citizens) for
>> every penny we have - and then some.

> Too bloody right, they are just an outpost of the British Isles and
> should pay their taxes to the government

Well, there was the Great War, and then another quite large conflict a
quarter century later......... so we saved you blokes from having to
learn German.......not a lot of thanks for that.....