Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Double always returning 0.0

Re: Double always returning 0.0

Lew

Jason S wrote:
> Nevermind, it works. Either the value 0.002 mentioned for the cat's
> acepromazine is a typo, or my cat's weight is too light to return anything
> more than what would be formatted with the decimalformat
>
> so it works. http://web.cs.sunyit.edu/~savlovj/CS249/pg472_8.
>
> Thanks for the help guys! Highly appreciated
>
> And lew [sic]: sorry about the top posting

Regarding:

public Cat() {
super();
}

The call to the 'super()' constructor is unnecessary, albeit harmless.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Stanimir Stamenkov

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:29:35 -0400, /Lew/:

> public Cat() {
> super();
> }
>
> The call to the 'super()' constructor is unnecessary, albeit harmless.

I often want the "default" no-args constructor explicitly declared
but I've setup my environment to trigger warning for empty
undocumented blocks like:

public Cat() {
}

so I usually write it as:

public Cat() {
//super();
}

The commented out |super()| call (implicitly done by the compiler)
acting as documentation.

--
Stanimir