Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Sometimes stupid loses

Re: Sometimes stupid loses

tony cooper

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:18:01 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:26:49 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>>>Well, obviously those are your and other Democrats' views of what
>>>Republicans in your legislature are trying to do. What are you saying is
>>>little more than a typical Democrat campaign speech, heavily slanted to
>>>favor your own party.

>> I am a registered Republican and have been since 1959.

>You sure sound like a Democrat.
>
>> I have not
>> abandoned the party, it has abandoned me.

>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
>party change that offended you so?

To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

>> I vote split ticket for
>> local elections, and straight Democrat in state elections. Federal
>> elections depend on the candidate.

>I vote conservative or NRA.

So a lobbying group dictates your choice of the person in charge of
running the country?

>For congress or state legislature, if I don't know the candidate I wait for
>the postcard from the NRA that gives me their ratings. For local, in most
>cases I don't know the candidates and usually just vote Republican on the
>assumption that they're the most likely to be conservative.

That's as bad as the voters who check the Christian Conservative's
list of approved candidates.

>> A party that even *thinks* about Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, or
>> Michelle Bachmann will never get me back.

>Donald Trump seems so arrogant, conceited and generally off-putting it's
>amazing to me that he's done as well as he has in the recent polls,

He has the Tea Party support.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Pete Stavrakoglou

"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:18:01 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:26:49 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>>> I am a registered Republican and have been since 1959.

>>You sure sound like a Democrat.
>>
>>> I have not
>>> abandoned the party, it has abandoned me.

>>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
>>party change that offended you so?

> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
> indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
> one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
> opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
> about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes too.

John A.

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:43:37 -0400, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:18:01 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>You sure sound like a Democrat.

>>>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
>>>party change that offended you so?

>> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
>> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
>> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
>> indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
>> one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
>> opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
>> about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

>You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes too.

They just seem to be the most vocal, and don't seem to get shouted
down much by the non-racists, non-bigots, & non-homophobes in the
party, so I can understand the perception. You republicans who aren't
racist, bigoted, or homophobic need to take things in hand more, I
think.

John A.

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:08:44 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"John A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:43:37 -0400, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes
>>>too.

>> They just seem to be the most vocal, and don't seem to get shouted
>> down much by the non-racists, non-bigots, & non-homophobes in the
>> party, so I can understand the perception. You republicans who aren't
>> racist, bigoted, or homophobic need to take things in hand more, I
>> think.

>I think you need to take a closer look at the union thugs and yelling,
>shrieking, howling, obscenity-shouting psychotic-looking mobs that
>apparently are the core group of the Democrat party. See the recent videos
>of these delightful folk in Wisconsin and Arizona -- or doesn't CNN ever
>show you those? The ones I've seen had to have most of what they were
>screaming bleeped out, to be shown on TV.

They were shouting racist, bigoted, or homophobic things? I wasn't
aware of that.

Are you sure that wasn't some other group crashing the party to get in
front of the cameras? Such events do tend to attract such flotsam.

Doug McDonald

On 4/19/2011 11:45 AM, John A. wrote:

> They were shouting racist, bigoted, or homophobic things? I wasn't
> aware of that.

Indeed they were! No question, no quibble. I say the segment
he was talking about.

They were calling white conservative people nasty racial things.
They were calling black conservative people equally bad, if not worse.

I didn't hear any homophobic things.

I honestly have never heard a more concentrated collection
of nasty things. And, even worse, some of the scenes were
quite long by TV snippet standards. It was not just one
nasty thing in a row, but each nasty thing in one different scene ...
there were scenes where several different people, in succession,
shouted nasty things, all in one single take.

I've heard similar things, either on TV or in person, only
from either the very far left wing types, the Westboro Baptist
homophobes, or, much less frequently, the anti-abortionists.
Compared to this the PETA people and the global-warmers
are paragons of restraint.

Doug McDonald

John A.

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:07:42 -0500, Doug McDonald
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 4/19/2011 11:45 AM, John A. wrote:
>

>> They were shouting racist, bigoted, or homophobic things? I wasn't
>> aware of that.
>>

>Indeed they were! No question, no quibble. I say the segment
>he was talking about.
>
>They were calling white conservative people nasty racial things.
>They were calling black conservative people equally bad, if not worse.

Interesting. Can you post a link?

>I didn't hear any homophobic things.
>
>I honestly have never heard a more concentrated collection
>of nasty things. And, even worse, some of the scenes were
>quite long by TV snippet standards. It was not just one
>nasty thing in a row, but each nasty thing in one different scene ...
>there were scenes where several different people, in succession,
>shouted nasty things, all in one single take.
>
>I've heard similar things, either on TV or in person, only
>from either the very far left wing types, the Westboro Baptist
>homophobes, or, much less frequently, the anti-abortionists.
>Compared to this the PETA people and the global-warmers
>are paragons of restraint.
>
>Doug McDonald

tony cooper

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:18:01 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>You sure sound like a Democrat.

>>>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
>>>party change that offended you so?

>> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
>> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
>> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
>> indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
>> one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
>> opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
>> about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

>You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes too.

I didn't forget. Almost all of my friends are Republicans, and
there's not a racist or a bigot among them. The Republicans - and the
Democrats - who are racist and bigoted are not my friends.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

tony cooper

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:57:24 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>>You sure sound like a Democrat.

>>>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
>>>party change that offended you so?

>> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
>> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
>> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
>> indication that I'm a Democrat.

>No, that's just part of the mix. Your positions in general seem to be that
>of a Democrat, and you appear to support Democrats and/or are a Democrat
>apologist.

I voted for Obama/Biden although neither would have been my choice of
candidates on the ticket. It was a better ticket than McCain/Palin in
my opinion.

I voted for Marco Rubio, a Republican, for Senate and would support
anyone except our other Senator, Democrat Bill Nelson. He's an empty
suit.

When John Mica, Republican, runs again for US Representative, I'll
make that decision based on his opposition. I'm not impressed with
Mica, but not so bothered that I'd vote for just anyone in opposition.

I would have voted for Dan Webster (Republican), over Alan Grayson
(Democrat), but that's not my district.

I voted for Alex Sink (Democrat) for Governor and not Rick Scott (the
Republican who was elected), but Florida's now realizing that Scott
was a bad choice. Disapproval of Scott has doubled since his
inauguration, and his disapproval rating has jumped to 48% of voters.

I voted for all Democrats for the Florida House and Senate and will do
so next time. I didn't pay much attention to party membership in the
local elections. I'm not in the City of Orlando or in Orange County,
so I don't vote for any major local officials.

I'd say - except for state offices - my voting record is fairly
balanced.

>Hardly. First of all, the NRA is not "a lobbying group."

Debatable. Highly debatable. They are a group that depends greatly,
very greatly, on their aims being carried out by state and federal
Congress members, and lobbying is how they reach these people.

Even the postcards you receive are a result of lobbying. The
candidates the postcards back are candidates that have been supportive
of NRA aims that NRA lobbyists have convinced candidates and office
holders to promote or candidates who are expected to support the aims
that the NRA lobbys for.

> I don't pay as much attention to state or local politics, and for
>those I appreciate getting the facts from an organization that does follow
>those candidates closely.
>
>>>For congress or state legislature, if I don't know the candidate I wait
>>>for
>>>the postcard from the NRA that gives me their ratings. For local, in most
>>>cases I don't know the candidates and usually just vote Republican on the
>>>assumption that they're the most likely to be conservative.

Wow. I certainly don't live in a state where state candidates are not
worth the bother of knowing about. I'm not going to base any of my
votes on a postcard recommendation. My state legislators and the
Governor have more impact on my life than the President of the US.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Pete Stavrakoglou

"John A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:07:42 -0500, Doug McDonald
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 4/19/2011 11:45 AM, John A. wrote:
>>

>>> They were shouting racist, bigoted, or homophobic things? I wasn't
>>> aware of that.
>>>

>>Indeed they were! No question, no quibble. I say the segment
>>he was talking about.
>>
>>They were calling white conservative people nasty racial things.
>>They were calling black conservative people equally bad, if not worse.

> Interesting. Can you post a link?

I'll leave it to those wo mentioned this incident to post a link. As for me,
I've been on the receiving end of vile insults from union members and others
when I've attended public Tea Party events. I wouldn't repeat what's been said
to me and my wife, I don't use that kind of language. Whether you want to
believe it or not, union members and people on the left can be extremely vile,
I've experienced it first hand. One particular evening before the last
election, we were attending the nomination of someone running for the state
senate here in NY. It was being held at a hotel. Outside the entrance, local
trade union members were there protesting. As we drove up to the entrance of
the hotel parking lot, we were cursed at and the protesters hit our car with
their signs. We might have just been guests of the hotel travelling from
out-of-town for all they knew. I'm sure some here will excuse this behavior or
not believe me, that's their choice.

Pete Stavrakoglou

"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:43:37 -0400, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
>>> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
>>> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
>>> indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
>>> one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
>>> opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
>>> about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

>>You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes too.
>>

> I didn't forget. Almost all of my friends are Republicans, and
> there's not a racist or a bigot among them. The Republicans - and the
> Democrats - who are racist and bigoted are not my friends.

That comment was made with tongue-in-cheek. There are some who do think that
way, there are wack-jobs in every group I work with a guy who will tell you
without hesitation that all Republicans are racists - and he means it.