Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/822319ev1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.

The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/822319ev1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.

chanmm

I hit the problem in my WinXP can someone help me:

The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/webapplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.

Regards

Ruffeo

"chanmm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I hit the problem in my WinXP can someone help me:
>
> The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
> open the Web project located at the following URL:
> 'http://localhost/webapplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.
>
> Regards

I am getting the same error message. Here is what I've done:

1.) Delete asp.net account
2.) ran aspnet_regiis /u for uninstall
3.) restarted iis
4.) ran aspnet_regiis /i
5.) restarted iis

that didn't work so I:
1.) Reinstalled iis
2.) go latest updates
3.) ran aspnet_regiis /i

that didn't work either so I:

1.)reinstalled the dotnet framework 1.1

that didn't work , so I:
1.) Installed Filmon, I saw this from Earl in another post
Here are the suspicious values in the File Monitor

Process: ASPnet_wp_exe
Request: Open
Result: Access Denied

Then I checked the permissions for ASPnet. I added full control to the
folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ and propagated
permissions to all child objects (folders and files) and it worked!!!

brinda brinda is offline
Junior Member

"Then I checked the permissions for ASPnet. I added full control to the
folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ and propagated
permissions to all child objects (folders and files) and it worked!!![/QUOTE]"

I dono how to set permissions,Pl reply It would be very much helpful....