Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Problem with copying the WinCE applications under Win7 64Bit

Problem with copying the WinCE applications under Win7 64Bit

Le.Wang

Hello everyone,

I am a software developer. A few days ago I upgraded my windows system
from XP to Win7 64bit. On the other side, we still have some devices
which have WinCE 5.0 with .Net Compact Framework 2.0 installed. And I
programed an applications for these devices with Visual Studio under
XP.

I usually compile this application on my PC and copy them to the
device. Because this application is set to Compact .Net 2.0, there
should be no problem to compile and execute it under different
systems.

Yesterday, I copied this application from our network server where I
saved my data to my local PC which has Win7 installed, then I copied
it from my local PC to the WinCE device. By executing this application
on the device I got an error "This is not a WinCE supported
application!". I did the same work under XP many times, and I have not
got any errors before. Under Win7 I did nothing but copy-paste, so I
think that Win7 changed something by itself.

I tried it with another Win7 64 Bit computer and got the same error.
Does someone have any idea for that?

Because our customer could upgrade their systems to Win7 too, I
really need a solution to make our old WinCE device application be
transfered within the new Windows system. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Le