Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > homegroup setting - file sharing checkboxes are not saved

homegroup setting - file sharing checkboxes are not saved

WindowsAssassin

Hi all,

I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I used to be able to access my pc's
pictures folder through my home cinema dvd player via media sharing in
the past but now I do not see the correct photos on my dvd player.
Something concerning homegroup sharing on my pc looks messed up. When
I go to homegroup settings and change the checkboxes for file and
media sharing (pictures, printers, movies, music) and click save, the
settings are not saved when I re-open the window to check.

I found some articles on internet of other people with the same
problem but I haven't found a solution yet.

I ran the troubleshooting wizard for homegroup sharing and it said:
problems found: either the peer name resolution protocol service
(PNRPsvc) or the peer networking identity manager service (p2pimsvc)
is not running.
Googled that and tried to manually start the service in services.msc
window but I cannot (Error 0x80630801: 0x80630801).

On my home cinema dvd player I do not get to see all of my videos and
pictures from my library.

Can anyone please help?
thanks

Dominic Payer

Does this help?
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2...windows-7.aspx

On 13/04/2011 22:13, WindowsAssassin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I used to be able to access my pc's
> pictures folder through my home cinema dvd player via media sharing in
> the past but now I do not see the correct photos on my dvd player.
> Something concerning homegroup sharing on my pc looks messed up. When
> I go to homegroup settings and change the checkboxes for file and
> media sharing (pictures, printers, movies, music) and click save, the
> settings are not saved when I re-open the window to check.
>
> I found some articles on internet of other people with the same
> problem but I haven't found a solution yet.
>
> I ran the troubleshooting wizard for homegroup sharing and it said:
> problems found: either the peer name resolution protocol service
> (PNRPsvc) or the peer networking identity manager service (p2pimsvc)
> is not running.
> Googled that and tried to manually start the service in services.msc
> window but I cannot (Error 0x80630801: 0x80630801).
>
> On my home cinema dvd player I do not get to see all of my videos and
> pictures from my library.
>
> Can anyone please help?
> thanks

WindowsAssassin

On Apr 14, 1:31*pm, Dominic Payer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does this help?http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2...eaming-with-wi...
>
> On 13/04/2011 22:13, WindowsAssassin wrote:
>

> > Hi all,

> > I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I used to be able to access my pc's
> > pictures folder through my home cinema dvd player via media sharing in
> > the past but now I do not see the correct photos on my dvd player.
> > Something concerning homegroup sharing on my pc looks messed up. When
> > I go to homegroup settings and change the checkboxes for file and
> > media sharing (pictures, printers, movies, music) and click save, the
> > settings are not saved when I re-open the window to check.

> > I found some articles on internet of other people with the same
> > problem but I haven't found a solution yet.

> > I ran the troubleshooting wizard for homegroup sharing and it said:
> > problems found: either the peer name resolution protocol service
> > (PNRPsvc) or the peer networking identity manager service (p2pimsvc)
> > is not running.
> > Googled that and tried to manually start the service in services.msc
> > window but I cannot (Error 0x80630801: 0x80630801).

> > On my home cinema dvd player I do not get to see all of my videos and
> > pictures from my library.

> > Can anyone please help?
> > thanks

Thanks for your reply.

This is how I finally was able to solve it:
http://www.sevenforums.com/network-s...-protocol.html

John Turco

WindowsAssassin wrote:

> > On Apr 14, 1:31 pm, Dominic Payer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Does this help?http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2...eaming-with-wi...
> >
> > > On 13/04/2011 22:13, WindowsAssassin wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I used to be able to access my pc's
> > > pictures folder through my home cinema dvd player via media sharing in
> > > the past but now I do not see the correct photos on my dvd player.
> > > Something concerning homegroup sharing on my pc looks messed up. When
> > > I go to homegroup settings and change the checkboxes for file and
> > > media sharing (pictures, printers, movies, music) and click save, the
> > > settings are not saved when I re-open the window to check.
> > >
> > > I found some articles on internet of other people with the same
> > > problem but I haven't found a solution yet.
> > >
> > > I ran the troubleshooting wizard for homegroup sharing and it said:
> > > problems found: either the peer name resolution protocol service
> > > (PNRPsvc) or the peer networking identity manager service (p2pimsvc)
> > > is not running.
> > > Googled that and tried to manually start the service in services.msc
> > > window but I cannot (Error 0x80630801: 0x80630801).
> > >
> > > On my home cinema dvd player I do not get to see all of my videos and
> > > pictures from my library.
> > >
> > > Can anyone please help?
> > > thanks

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> This is how I finally was able to solve it:
> http://www.sevenforums.com/network-s...-protocol.html

Thank you, for the follow-up; others may benefit from it, perhaps.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>