Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Poor Olympus fans, they really do need reassurance

Poor Olympus fans, they really do need reassurance

RichA

Could be worse, the guy could have spent $1700 on an E-5 and the dead
Olympus DSLR system.
So desperate are they for affirmations that their choices of cameras
are good ones they'll dig-up obscure Polish site reviews on the E-PL2
camera. If I were an Olympus owner, I'd simply do my best to live
with the shortcomings of the brand until I could replace it with
something better.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=38193919

Rich

On Apr 13, 3:59*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Could be worse, the guy could have spent $1700 on an E-5 and the dead
> >Olympus DSLR system.
> >So desperate are they for affirmations that their choices of cameras
> >are good ones they'll dig-up obscure Polish site reviews on the E-PL2
> >camera. *If I were an Olympus owner, I'd simply do my best to live
> >with the shortcomings of the brand until I could replace it with
> >something better.

> >http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=38193919

> Poor Rich. *He is simply *desperate* for reassurance that changing
> brands was the right thing to do, especially given the
> non-availability of his first choice Panasonic GH2 and the
> "considerable noise" of his choice of substitute, the Nikon D7000.
>
> To make matters worse, just after he bought his D7000, Nikon has now
> introduced the D5100 with the same sensor and same image quality as
> the D7000 but costing $$$ hundreds less. *Poor Rich.

Better image quality, from what I've heard. And the D7000 price was
just raised by some of the vultures which makes the D5100 an even
better deal. However, after expriencing the focusing quality and speed
of the D5000, NO WAY would I buy the D5100 if it was the same.

Rich

On Apr 13, 4:20*am, Schneider <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 08:59:51 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>Could be worse, the guy could have spent $1700 on an E-5 and the dead
> >>Olympus DSLR system.
> >>So desperate are they for affirmations that their choices of cameras
> >>are good ones they'll dig-up obscure Polish site reviews on the E-PL2
> >>camera. *If I were an Olympus owner, I'd simply do my best to live
> >>with the shortcomings of the brand until I could replace it with
> >>something better.

> >>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=38193919

> >Poor Rich. *He is simply *desperate* for reassurance that changing
> >brands was the right thing to do, especially given the
> >non-availability of his first choice Panasonic GH2 and the
> >"considerable noise" of his choice of substitute, the Nikon D7000.

> >To make matters worse, just after he bought his D7000, Nikon has now
> >introduced the D5100 with the same sensor and same image quality as
> >the D7000 but costing $$$ hundreds less. *Poor Rich.

> Tsk tsk ... you haven't been paying close enough attention. That's
> "changing imaginary brands". He's never been near one REAL camera in his
> whole mommy's-basement life.

By real, do you mean a P&S, sock-puppet?