Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Connecting old & new PBXs

Connecting old & new PBXs

ishinnk ishinnk is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I am facing an issue with interfacing 2 older model PBXs in locations A&B with 2 newer model PBXs in location C&D. The PBXs have been connected via 2Mbps E1 lines. The problem is that I am not able to establish communication in tone mode dialling between the old & new PBXs while I am able to establish connection between all PBXs in pulse mode. The set of old PBXs & the set of new PBXs are able communicate with one another in tone mode though. Is this a compatibility issue that the PBXs are not compatible in only tone mode dialling?
I would really like to know where the problem might be.

Thanks

Ishin

Dean Mortensen Dean Mortensen is offline
Junior Member

Have a try with this great voip-sip-sdk (software development kit), it worked for me:
http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_190-ho...-pbx-voip.html