Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Fritz Box 7170 Dialing Rules

Re: Fritz Box 7170 Dialing Rules

cybuerke

On 10/04/11 09:23, Anti-Spam wrote:
> Finally got my new Fritz Boz 7170, to replace my Linksys SPA3102.
> I can confirm it solves the echo problem I was getting with SPA3102.
> After getting bogged down in the technicalities of VOIP with the
> SPA3102, the friitz box was remarkably easy to install, and works
> straight out the box. Would certainly recommend to newbies who just
> want to add a VOIP option to their existing fixed landline phone and
> ADSL internet system.
> I am on low bandwidth here, so the automatic priority that the router
> section gives to voip call data traffic is very welcome.
> The web based menu system is aimed an non-voip conversant users, so
> after working with the spa3102, seems a little too simple, but it does
> the job.
> The Fritz box does not appear to digitize the fixed landline phone
> signal, like the SPA3102 does, just switches it straight through the
> box, which works a dream. I was getting echo even on the landline
> calls with the SPA3102, what is that all about?
>
> I have a small problem I would like help with please, as I cannot find
> the answer in the documentation that came with the Fritz box, it
> concerns Dialing rules.
> Because I get free national calls with Telefonica, I dont want to use
> the VOIP connection for those calls. So here is what I would like to
> achieve.
>
> Any number starting 00, to go out over the VOIP line
> Any other number to go out over the Fixed line
>
> TIA.
>
> Mark in Spain.

The dialling rules are so simple, it's almost an insult!

In Telephony > Dialing Rules:

Number = 00 Connect via = Internet

Number = 112 Connect via = Fixed Line

Number = 9 Connect via = Fixed Line