Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Bowser - SI mandate suggestion

Bowser - SI mandate suggestion

tony cooper

How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need not own a weapon.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Whisky-dave

On Apr 8, 6:00*am, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How about "Weapons"? *We have enough people in these groups with an
> interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. *I
> have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
> arsenal for subject matter.
>
> It could be weapons or people using weapons. *That could bring in
> anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
> need not own a weapon.

Hands and feet can also be weapons
A pen is mightier than the sword, but a women nagging can be the worse
of them all

Stuffed Crust

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
> interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
> have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
> arsenal for subject matter.

.....oooo, I like. There's a *lot* of potential there.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^

Bowser

"tony cooper" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups
with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI
mandate. I
have a hunch that several readers of this group have a
basement
arsenal for subject matter.

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could
bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the
contributors
need not own a weapon.

Excellent! Weapons it is, right after "museum." I'll set up
a gallery and set some dates later this weekend.

Annika1980

On Apr 8, 1:00*am, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How about "Weapons"? *We have enough people in these groups with an
> interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. *I
> have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
> arsenal for subject matter.
>
> It could be weapons or people using weapons. *That could bring in
> anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
> need not own a weapon.

That about the dumbest idea for a mandate yet. The only one I can
think of that would be dumber would be "Museums."

tony cooper

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 20:29:30 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2011-04-08 20:04:58 -0700, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On Apr 8, 1:00*am, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> How about "Weapons"? *We have enough people in these groups with an
>>> interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. *I
>>> have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
>>> arsenal for subject matter.
>>>
>>> It could be weapons or people using weapons. *That could bring in
>>> anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
>>> need not own a weapon.

>> That about the dumbest idea for a mandate yet. The only one I can
>> think of that would be dumber would be "Museums."

>In your own neighborhood you have one museum which might interest you.
>< http://www.golfhousetennessee.com/To...nessee-57.html >
>
>or perhaps a road trip up North would take you to this one.
>< http://www.usgamuseum.com/ >
>
>Then you could take a shot of a nine iron as your "weapon" submission.
>Maybe if you could find an old "mashie" that would be more appropriate.

Obviously, the weapon that he is not possessed of is a rapier wit.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 4/8/2011 1:00 AM, tony cooper wrote:
> How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
> interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
> have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
> arsenal for subject matter.
>
> It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
> anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
> need not own a weapon.

Would victims of weapons qualify?

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:33:23 -0400, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 4/8/2011 1:00 AM, tony cooper wrote:
>> How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
>> interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
>> have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
>> arsenal for subject matter.
>>
>> It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
>> anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
>> need not own a weapon.
>>

>Would victims of weapons qualify?

We all know that weapons don't cause victims. People cause victims.
Isn't that what we're told?

--

On 4/10/2011 2:21 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:33:23 -0400, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 4/8/2011 1:00 AM, tony cooper wrote:
>>> How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
>>> interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a good SI mandate. I
>>> have a hunch that several readers of this group have a basement
>>> arsenal for subject matter.
>>>
>>> It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
>>> anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
>>> need not own a weapon.
>>>

>> Would victims of weapons qualify?

> We all know that weapons don't cause victims. People cause victims.
> Isn't that what we're told?

I forgot and lost my head.

--
Peter

PeterN

On 4/10/2011 4:21 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 14:21:50 -0400, tony cooper
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:33:23 -0400, PeterN
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Would victims of weapons qualify?

>> We all know that weapons don't cause victims. People cause victims.
>> Isn't that what we're told?

> Drills don't cause holes either.

Agreed. they teach our troops how to march.

TEN HUT!

--
Peter