Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > replacing my HP6200n

replacing my HP6200n

Chet

I posted a few weeks ago that my HP 6200n was acting up, it was my video
card, never did replace it yet, been thinking rather than replace the
video card, I should look into the latest technology, I would like to
get some suggestions on what is a good deal on the latest in HP
computers that is a noticeably increase in performance over what I have
now, It really does not have to be a HP brand. looking for a best bang
for the buck.

thanks
Chet

Jeff Strickland

I was in Costco a few days ago, and there was an HP System with dual
monitors for $999.

A dual monitor system is very cool, ESPECIALLY if you are into any sort of
publishing. Text and graphics can be drug from one monitor to the other.
This allows you to open a source document on one monitor and a desitination
document on the other, then simply drag content from one place to the other.
Very cool stuff. It does not matter what you produce, having two minotors
makes the task waaaay easier.

I don't know what the specs are for the system, but driving two monitors
takes considerable processing power and RAM.I suppose you could see the
system online at costco.com.

"Chet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eGinp.2507$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I posted a few weeks ago that my HP 6200n was acting up, it was my video
>card, never did replace it yet, been thinking rather than replace the video
>card, I should look into the latest technology, I would like to get some
>suggestions on what is a good deal on the latest in HP computers that is a
>noticeably increase in performance over what I have now, It really does not
>have to be a HP brand. looking for a best bang for the buck.
>
> thanks
> Chet

James D Andrews

"Chet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eGinp.2507$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I posted a few weeks ago that my HP 6200n was acting up, it was my video
>card, never did replace it yet, been thinking rather than replace the video
>card, I should look into the latest technology, I would like to get some
>suggestions on what is a good deal on the latest in HP computers that is a
>noticeably increase in performance over what I have now, It really does not
>have to be a HP brand. looking for a best bang for the buck.
>
> thanks
> Chet

Depends on what you use your computer for. General home use, office use,
surfing, video editing/processing, music editing/processing, downloading
movies, on-line gaming, etc.

You should buy what's good for your intended or projected future use.

You might also consider building your own rig. Depending on what you put
into it, you might save some money, or you can spend the extra money and
custom build it to kick * at whatever you need.

If building one isn't what you're up to, check out the mass market names
(WalMart, CostCo, etc.) and compare what you see to on-line markets like
Newegg.com

In the absolute simplest terms for general use, focus on most powerful
processor, most RAM, biggest hard drive - size does matter