Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > calling own methods from constructor

calling own methods from constructor

Mike Schilling

"Tom Anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) rth.li...

> No. getClass() is final, not virtual, it is never overridden, and it does
> not behave like it has been overridden. Rather, it behaves like its
> implementation was:
>
> public Class getClass() {
> return this.class;
> }
>
> Where all objects have a secret magic hidden field called 'class' which is
> set by the VM when they are allocated.

That's how I've always thought about it, particularly since in 4GLs I've
helped implement, that's exactly what the analogous method did.