Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.Net Session disabled after installing SharePoint Service and BizTalk Server 2004

ASP.Net Session disabled after installing SharePoint Service and BizTalk Server 2004

=?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgU2hlbg==?=

Hi Guys

Today I installed Windows SharePoint Service and BizTalk Server 2004, then I found that my previous web application does not work. So I debugged the application, and the ASP.Net Session is disabled (HttpContext.Current.Session is null)

Did any of you experience this same problem? How could I resolve it

Thank you very much

Wayne

John Saunders

"Wayne Shen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys,
>
> Today I installed Windows SharePoint Service and BizTalk Server 2004, then

I found that my previous web application does not work. So I debugged the
application, and the ASP.Net Session is disabled
(HttpContext.Current.Session is null).

> Did any of you experience this same problem? How could I resolve it?

What mode of Session state are you using? InProc? Server? Is the ASP.NET
State Service running? Any errors in the event log?

--
John Saunders
John.Saunders at SurfControl.com

John Saunders

"John Saunders" <john.saunders at SurfControl.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Wayne Shen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Today I installed Windows SharePoint Service and BizTalk Server 2004,

then
> I found that my previous web application does not work. So I debugged the
> application, and the ASP.Net Session is disabled
> (HttpContext.Current.Session is null).
> >
> > Did any of you experience this same problem? How could I resolve it?

> What mode of Session state are you using? InProc? Server? Is the ASP.NET
> State Service running? Any errors in the event log?

P.S. Did you upgrade from .Net Framework 1.0 to 1.1 at the same time? We
have seen problems where 1.0 applications are unable to start the 1.1 state
service.
--
John Saunders
John.Saunders at SurfControl.com

=?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgU2hlbg==?=

Hi John

My application was developed on .Net Framework 1.1, and it worked fine before I installed SharePoint Service and BizTalk Server 2004. The session mode I use is InProc

I need to mention, before making SharePoint Service work, I uninstalled Frontpage extension 200x. Does this cause the problem

Thanks