Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > HTTP and Java

HTTP and Java

Tom Anderson

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011, Roedy Green wrote:

> On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 09:50:38 -0300, Arved Sandstrom
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
> someone who said :
>
>> When curling that first URL (www.ecs.com.tw), I get a

> Sorry, that is the website where the problem is, but not the URL. You
> need to try a specific motherboard e.g.
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...0#Socket%20AM3
> then
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...uID=19&LanID=0

I can download the boths URLs perfectly fine with both curl and
URLConnection. The data downloaded is the same for both means.

tom

--
Your words are mostly meaningless symbols -- Andrew, to Niall

Ian Shef

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

<snip>
> Sorry, that is the website where the problem is, but not the URL. You
> need to try a specific motherboard e.g.
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...?CategoryID=1&
> TypeID=68&MenuID=19&LanID=0#Socket%20AM3 then
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...x?DetailID=111
> 5&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=19&LanID= 0

Why do both? The second one alone gets me the same result.

An HTTP GET without cookies or other mechanisms (e.g. Javascript, a session
identifier in the URL, etc.) is stateless.

I have found WebScarab

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Categ...Scarab_Project

useful for investigating these issues. It's like using a cannon to kill a
fly, but the cannon is free.

Roedy Green

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 23:06:13 GMT, Ian Shef <(E-Mail Removed)>

>Why do both? The second one alone gets me the same result

To reproduce what I am doing. I read the first page and collect
information from it to create the individual motherboard URLs.

I suspect the problem has something to do with the order of reading
pages.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Roedy Green

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 23:06:13 GMT, Ian Shef <(E-Mail Removed)>

>An HTTP GET without cookies or other mechanisms (e.g. Javascript, a session
>identifier in the URL, etc.) is stateless.

It is supposed to be. I suspect caching, reuse of connections ...
might mean it is not quite stateless.

Http post and http get n3d!m Python 2 02-06-2012 09:18 PM
different between http://computer and http://computer.domain.com Peng Jie ASP .Net Security 6 02-06-2005 02:25 AM
how can i simulate my pc as http server by writing java code to send the http response by socketstream to some pc in the internet?! mike Java 5 09-21-2004 02:04 PM