Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python2.7.1 freebsd development version

python2.7.1 freebsd development version

Tim

hi,
I can't seem to find the development version of python2.7.1; maybe
there isn't one any longer, but according to this post, there was a
bug in the configure script that affects freebsd machines; the patch
to fix it was made, but I think I'm not picking that fix up.
http://bugs.python.org/file19836/freebsd_ldshared.patch

Where should I look for the updated version?
thanks,
--Tim Arnold

Tim Golden

On 01/04/2011 15:25, Tim wrote:
> hi,
> I can't seem to find the development version of python2.7.1; maybe
> there isn't one any longer, but according to this post, there was a
> bug in the configure script that affects freebsd machines; the patch
> to fix it was made, but I think I'm not picking that fix up.
> http://bugs.python.org/file19836/freebsd_ldshared.patch
>
> Where should I look for the updated version?

This is the Mercurial repo:

http://hg.python.org/cpython/

Look for the 2.7 named branch which tracks 2.7.x development

TJG

Tim

On Apr 1, 10:55*am, Tim Golden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 01/04/2011 15:25, Tim wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > I can't seem to find the development version of python2.7.1; maybe
> > there isn't one any longer, but according to this post, there was a
> > bug in the configure script that affects freebsd machines; the patch
> > to fix it was made, but I think I'm not picking that fix up.
> >http://bugs.python.org/file19836/freebsd_ldshared.patch

> > Where should I look for the updated version?

> This is the Mercurial repo:
>
> * *http://hg.python.org/cpython/
>
> Look for the 2.7 named branch which tracks 2.7.x development * *
>
> TJG

hi Tim, thanks -- just what I was looking for, just couldn't find it
on my own at all!

--T

Tim Golden

On 01/04/2011 16:34, Tim wrote:
> On Apr 1, 10:55 am, Tim Golden<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 01/04/2011 15:25, Tim wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>> I can't seem to find the development version of python2.7.1; maybe
>>> there isn't one any longer, but according to this post, there was a
>>> bug in the configure script that affects freebsd machines; the patch
>>> to fix it was made, but I think I'm not picking that fix up.
>>> http://bugs.python.org/file19836/freebsd_ldshared.patch

>>> Where should I look for the updated version?

>> This is the Mercurial repo:
>>
>> http://hg.python.org/cpython/
>>
>> Look for the 2.7 named branch which tracks 2.7.x development
>>
>> TJG

> hi Tim, thanks -- just what I was looking for, just couldn't find it
> on my own at all!

This is probably the best starting point (recently published):

http://docs.python.org/devguide/

(first hit for: Python development)

Look down that page is "Source code"

TJG