Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Facebook website?

Facebook website?

Geopelia

Is there a website for people to learn how to use Facebook please?
I need some simple instructions, but can't find any on the site.
I thought "getting started" might have some, but can't find any.

I've got it, for friends and family only, but can't find anywhere to learn
how to use it.

Thank you
Geopelia

Boots

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:11:25 +1300, Geopelia wrote:

> Is there a website for people to learn how to use Facebook please? I
> need some simple instructions, but can't find any on the site. I thought
> "getting started" might have some, but can't find any.
>
> I've got it, for friends and family only, but can't find anywhere to
> learn how to use it.

Facebook is constantly changing. Probably the best way to get to grips
with it is to get someone to sit down with you while you give it a test
drive.

Some things are intuitive, and others are confusingly illogical or
inconsistent, and from one month to the next there is always something
changing.

William Brown

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:15:52 +0000 (UTC), Boots
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:11:25 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> Is there a website for people to learn how to use Facebook please? I
>> need some simple instructions, but can't find any on the site. I thought
>> "getting started" might have some, but can't find any.
>>
>> I've got it, for friends and family only, but can't find anywhere to
>> learn how to use it.

>Facebook is constantly changing. Probably the best way to get to grips
>with it is to get someone to sit down with you while you give it a test
>drive.
>
>Some things are intuitive, and others are confusingly illogical or
>inconsistent, and from one month to the next there is always something
>changing.

I find the best way is to not use it, life goes on with out it..

Mgsr. Scooter

On , , Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:30:59 +1300, Re: Facebook website?, William Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:15:52 +0000 (UTC), Boots
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:11:25 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a website for people to learn how to use Facebook please? I
>>> need some simple instructions, but can't find any on the site. I thought
>>> "getting started" might have some, but can't find any.
>>>
>>> I've got it, for friends and family only, but can't find anywhere to
>>> learn how to use it.

>>Facebook is constantly changing. Probably the best way to get to grips
>>with it is to get someone to sit down with you while you give it a test
>>drive.
>>
>>Some things are intuitive, and others are confusingly illogical or
>>inconsistent, and from one month to the next there is always something
>>changing.

>I find the best way is to not use it, life goes on with out it..

And for that we are eternally grateful.

to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.

Donchano

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:30:59 +1300, William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:15:52 +0000 (UTC), Boots
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:11:25 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a website for people to learn how to use Facebook please? I
>>> need some simple instructions, but can't find any on the site. I thought
>>> "getting started" might have some, but can't find any.
>>>
>>> I've got it, for friends and family only, but can't find anywhere to
>>> learn how to use it.

>>Facebook is constantly changing. Probably the best way to get to grips
>>with it is to get someone to sit down with you while you give it a test
>>drive.
>>
>>Some things are intuitive, and others are confusingly illogical or
>>inconsistent, and from one month to the next there is always something
>>changing.

>I find the best way is to not use it, life goes on with out it..

What a shame you can't decide the same for nz.comp.

Geopelia

"Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
newsart1of1.1.$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Is there a website for people to learn how to use Facebook please?
>>I need some simple instructions, but can't find any on the site.
>>I thought "getting started" might have some, but can't find any.
>>
>>I've got it, for friends and family only, but can't find anywhere to learn
>>how to use it.
>>
>>Thank you
>>Geopelia

> Geopelia
> Try this http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-use-facebook/

> I have never used facebook but the instructions here look pretty
> comprehensive
> and readable.
> Tony

Thank you, I'll give that a go. It looks certainly looks very comprehensive

(I've now got Trend Micro 2011 installed, and am waiting for the Broadband
man to install that.
When I have Broadband I should be able to see the videos.)

Geopelia

Dave Doe

In article <improo$2ld$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
says...

> "Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
> newsart1of1.1.$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>Is there a website for people to learn how to use Facebook please?
> >>I need some simple instructions, but can't find any on the site.
> >>I thought "getting started" might have some, but can't find any.
> >>
> >>I've got it, for friends and family only, but can't find anywhere to learn
> >>how to use it.
> >>
> >>Thank you
> >>Geopelia

> > Geopelia
> > Try this http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-use-facebook/

> > I have never used facebook but the instructions here look pretty
> > comprehensive
> > and readable.
> > Tony
> >

> Thank you, I'll give that a go. It looks certainly looks very comprehensive
>
> (I've now got Trend Micro 2011 installed, and am waiting for the Broadband
> man to install that.
> When I have Broadband I should be able to see the videos.)
>
> Geopelia

IIRC, you have a fairly old PC, and you are running the latest Trend
Micro. Good luck with the videos! - you'll need it, Trend Micro is a
pig of a beast even on new fast computers.

re Facebook - jesus Geo, just get on it and have a go - that's how you
learn it.

--
Duncan.

Geopelia

"Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> In article <improo$2ld$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
> says...
>>
>> "Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
>> newsart1of1.1.$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Geopelia
>> > Try this http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-use-facebook/

>> > I have never used facebook but the instructions here look pretty
>> > comprehensive
>> > and readable.
>> > Tony
>> >

>> Thank you, I'll give that a go. It looks certainly looks very
>> comprehensive
>>
>> (I've now got Trend Micro 2011 installed, and am waiting for the
>> Broadband
>> man to install that.
>> When I have Broadband I should be able to see the videos.)
>>
>> Geopelia

> IIRC, you have a fairly old PC, and you are running the latest Trend
> Micro. Good luck with the videos! - you'll need it, Trend Micro is a
> pig of a beast even on new fast computers.
>
> re Facebook - jesus Geo, just get on it and have a go - that's how you
> learn it.

There are so many different pages with Facebook.
I'm keeping it just for friends and family.

The videos seem to be working well, even the live eagle cam.

Geopelia

Dave Doe

In article <ip9437$u43$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
says...

> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> > In article <improo$2ld$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
> > says...
> >>
> >> "Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
> >> newsart1of1.1.$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Thank you, I'll give that a go. It looks certainly looks very
> >> comprehensive
> >>
> >> (I've now got Trend Micro 2011 installed, and am waiting for the
> >> Broadband
> >> man to install that.
> >> When I have Broadband I should be able to see the videos.)
> >>
> >> Geopelia

> > IIRC, you have a fairly old PC, and you are running the latest Trend
> > Micro. Good luck with the videos! - you'll need it, Trend Micro is a
> > pig of a beast even on new fast computers.
> >
> > re Facebook - jesus Geo, just get on it and have a go - that's how you
> > learn it.
> >

> There are so many different pages with Facebook.

Yer lost me, there's only one facebook page, www.facebook.com
There really is no other.

--
Duncan.

Gordon

On 2011-04-26, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <improo$2ld$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
> says...
>>
>> "Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
>> newsart1of1.1.$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Geopelia
>> > Try this http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-use-facebook/

>> > I have never used facebook but the instructions here look pretty
>> > comprehensive
>> > and readable.
>> > Tony
>> >

>> Thank you, I'll give that a go. It looks certainly looks very comprehensive
>>
>> (I've now got Trend Micro 2011 installed, and am waiting for the Broadband
>> man to install that.
>> When I have Broadband I should be able to see the videos.)
>>
>> Geopelia

> IIRC, you have a fairly old PC, and you are running the latest Trend
> Micro. Good luck with the videos! - you'll need it, Trend Micro is a
> pig of a beast even on new fast computers.
>
> re Facebook - jesus Geo, just get on it and have a go - that's how you
> learn it.

Yes, but what is the lesson received? Geo is asking how to *control*
Facebook. So that there are no nasty suprises.

Also so that all the wonderful features are found.