Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Can anyone implement the pseudocode for the maximal rectangle problem ?

Can anyone implement the pseudocode for the maximal rectangle problem ?

Dan

I feel very dumb for asking this , basically I don't understand the
algorithm ..... If I had working code , maybe I could step it on
examples until I get what it's doing .

http://drdobbs.com/database/184410529
The full algorithm is in listing 4 .

Öö Tiib

On Mar 26, 1:47*pm, Dan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I feel very dumb for asking this , basically I don't understand the
> algorithm ..... If I had working code , maybe I could step it on
> examples *until I get what it's doing .
>
> http://drdobbs.com/database/184410529
> The full algorithm is in listing 4 .

Did you read the article? It is puzzle. Puzzles are for fun, article
is spoilers by Daveed.

If even spoilers are complex then do not jump into end and take
pseudocode of final solution. That way you will remain dumb even with
all spoilers in your hands. Take it step-by-step from start and if
needed implement all the algorithms from listings 1 to 4. When you
have some difficulty with C++ code of yours then you come ask here.