Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Please help with tutorial or sample

Please help with tutorial or sample

Lloyd Sheen

In preparation for an app that will be a simple ASP.NET page with about 40
text boxes I need sample to do the following:

1. Select the current data (done)
2. Bind to the textboxes (done)
3. When user clicks the update button the page will update the data in the
database.

Existing code:

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
Me.SqlConnection1.Open()
Me.SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(Me.TerrDataSet)
Me.DataBind()
Me.SqlConnection1.Close()
End If
End Sub

The above works and shows the value of the fields in the text boxes.

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim picnt As Integer
Me.SqlConnection1.Open()
Try
picnt = Me.SqlDataAdapter1.Update(Me.TerrDataSet)

Catch ex As Exception
Dim s As String = ex.Message
End Try
Me.SqlConnection1.Close()
End Sub

This code shows a count of 0 for the Update???