Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Android Build Quirks

Reply
Thread Tools

Android Build Quirks

 
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-25-2011
Every time I add a new resource to an Android project (layout, string etc),
it seems to misbehave and invoke the wrong resources. After I do an ant
clean and rebuild and reinstall, it works fine.

I think what’s happening is that compiled classes are being included that
were built against the old version of R.java. What should happen if
resources change, is that R.java should be the the first thing regenerated,
before any Java source files are compiled. That will then trigger the
recompiling of all the necessary sources.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2011
On 25/03/2011 04:54, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> Every time I add a new resource to an Android project (layout, string etc),
> it seems to misbehave and invoke the wrong resources. After I do an ant
> clean and rebuild and reinstall, it works fine.
>
> I think what’s happening is that compiled classes are being included that
> were built against the old version of R.java. What should happen if
> resources change, is that R.java should be the the first thing regenerated,
> before any Java source files are compiled. That will then trigger the
> recompiling of all the necessary sources.


There are oddities.
And the emulator is not to be trusted 100%, esp not with networking
stuff. I have spent days trying to find a bug that wasn't there when the
s/w was debugged on a real machine

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2011
In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:

> And the emulator is not to be trusted 100%, esp not with networking
> stuff.


Hmmm ... the emulator is the only way I can test networking stuff at the
moment.

Must try and see if I can get my old Asus Eee 701 to act as an access
point...
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2011
On 31/03/2011 04:03, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message<(E-Mail Removed)>, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
>
>> And the emulator is not to be trusted 100%, esp not with networking
>> stuff.

>
> Hmmm ... the emulator is the only way I can test networking stuff at the
> moment.
>
> Must try and see if I can get my old Asus Eee 701 to act as an access
> point...


I had big problems with LAN access via the emulator.
I wanted to do the Netbios getbyname() thing, which is not supported by
Android.
Tried JCIFS and that did not work.
However, it *did* work when it was used on the real Android Tablet

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C++ And TDD/ C++ programming on Android/ String Calculator Kata inC++/ C++and OpenGL on Android with the NDK/c++ Convert Integers to Roman Numerals sterta bole C++ 0 08-27-2012 09:09 PM
[ANN] Android Debug Bridge (ADB) Scripting Language For Android(SL4A) convenience library Stef Mientki Python 0 11-27-2011 04:46 PM
Android, Android, Android Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 2 05-21-2011 05:06 AM
SWsoft Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 Build 508, Acronis OS Selector 8.0 Build 917, Acronis Partition Expert 2003 Build 292, Acronis Power Utilities 2004 Build 502, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS.PROXY v1.10.17.WINALL, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS v5.50.10260 for CITRI vvcd Computer Support 0 09-25-2004 01:38 AM



Advertisments