Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Getting Started

Getting Started

Dave Veeneman

How do I upgrade IIS for the .Net Framework v. 1.1?

I'm just getting started with ASP.Net. I use VS.Net 1.1 with C#. I have
downloaded a reference app to study. When I opened it, VS.Net totld me I
need to upgrade my web server (local IIS) for 1.1 of the framework. I've
been looking in MSDN and the MS Knowledge Base for upgrade documentation,
but I'm coming up empty.

If I have installed VS.Net 1.1, shouldn't my locall IIS already be upgraded
for the Framework v. 1.1? Since it isn't, how do I go about upgrading it?
Thanks in advance.

--
Dave Veeneman
Chicago

Kevin Spencer

There are quite a few people who don't want their existing web applications
automatically upgraded to 1.1, and 1.0 and 1.1 can co-exist nicely on the
server, so installing 1.1 doesn't change any ISAPI mappings in IIS. Use the
aspnet_regiis.exe utility in the 1.1 .Net Framework folder under your
Windows directory to remap the ISAPI mappings for your entire web server:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Dave Veeneman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I upgrade IIS for the .Net Framework v. 1.1?
>
> I'm just getting started with ASP.Net. I use VS.Net 1.1 with C#. I have
> downloaded a reference app to study. When I opened it, VS.Net totld me I
> need to upgrade my web server (local IIS) for 1.1 of the framework. I've
> been looking in MSDN and the MS Knowledge Base for upgrade documentation,
> but I'm coming up empty.
>
> If I have installed VS.Net 1.1, shouldn't my locall IIS already be

upgraded
> for the Framework v. 1.1? Since it isn't, how do I go about upgrading it?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Dave Veeneman
> Chicago

if a variable is started inside a closure, can it ever be redeclared and started over, outside of the original function? Jake Barnes Javascript 2 02-15-2006 03:32 AM
Getting Started Bill McCarty Firefox 4 08-12-2005 07:02 PM
need help getting started w/ QoS bruce Cisco 1 12-16-2004 02:15 PM
Need help getting started !!! Ted R VHDL 3 10-23-2004 02:40 PM
Getting started with Altera IP Core ALuPin VHDL 0 09-21-2004 01:37 PM

Advertisments