Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Exploror 6 vs 7

Exploror 6 vs 7

Dave C.

I am running Explorer 6. Is there any advantage in installing and
running Exploror 7?

Thanks,

Dave

Kele

TABs! Once you use tabs, you won't like any browser without them.

------
"Dave C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
I am running Explorer 6. Is there any advantage in installing and
running Exploror 7?

Thanks,

Dave

Julie Bove

"Kele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4d895285$0$1072$(E-Mail Removed)4all.se ...
> TABs! Once you use tabs, you won't like any browser without them.

Uck. I no likee the tabs.

Kele

Optional. I think tabs are popular... IE stole them from Firefox and IE
"improved" or at least kept them with IE version 8.

I think also the search is different (better) between IE version 6 & 7.

-------------
"Julie Bove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

"Kele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4d895285$0$1072$(E-Mail Removed)4all.se ...
> TABs! Once you use tabs, you won't like any browser without them.

Uck. I no likee the tabs.

Julie Bove

"Kele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4d895e56$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)4all.se ...
> Optional. I think tabs are popular... IE stole them from Firefox and IE
> "improved" or at least kept them with IE version 8.
>
> I think also the search is different (better) between IE version 6 & 7.

I know they're popular but they confuse me.

TeeJay1952

On 3/22/2011 11:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Kele"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4d895e56$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)4all.se ...
>> Optional. I think tabs are popular... IE stole them from Firefox and IE
>> "improved" or at least kept them with IE version 8.
>>
>> I think also the search is different (better) between IE version 6& 7.

> I know they're popular but they confuse me.

I use them to read the paper. I go down the opening (home page)
section and select the stories that interest me to open a new tab. Then
I go to far right tab and read and then close tab until I am back to
original page. I then go to another paper and repeat.
I also use combined selections (ie clothes shopping or electronic
shopping) and open all tabs in a category. I enter what I am searching
for in web pages find and copy & paste into all open web sites. I then
peruse and choose best deal closing tabs that don't qualify.
Tabs really are cool!
Tee Jay

Julie Bove

"TeeJay1952" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:imd49k$r0o$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 3/22/2011 11:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Kele"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4d895e56$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)4all.se ...
>>> Optional. I think tabs are popular... IE stole them from Firefox and IE
>>> "improved" or at least kept them with IE version 8.
>>>
>>> I think also the search is different (better) between IE version 6& 7.

>> I know they're popular but they confuse me.
>>

> I use them to read the paper. I go down the opening (home page)
> section and select the stories that interest me to open a new tab. Then I
> go to far right tab and read and then close tab until I am back to
> original page. I then go to another paper and repeat.
> I also use combined selections (ie clothes shopping or electronic
> shopping) and open all tabs in a category. I enter what I am searching for
> in web pages find and copy & paste into all open web sites. I then peruse
> and choose best deal closing tabs that don't qualify.
> Tabs really are cool!
> Tee Jay

Read the paper? As in newspaper?

Jeff Strickland

"Julie Bove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:imbovs$3g8$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> "Kele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4d895e56$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)4all.se ...
>> Optional. I think tabs are popular... IE stole them from Firefox and IE
>> "improved" or at least kept them with IE version 8.
>>
>> I think also the search is different (better) between IE version 6 & 7.

> I know they're popular but they confuse me.

Tabs are an improved method of viewing multiple Websites without opening
multiple instances of IE. Under versions earlier than IE7, you must open a
new instance of IE if you want to retain the current page AND also view
another page, then select among the open instances of IE from the buttons on
the Toolbar.

With Tabbed Browsing, you can run a single instance of IE, then simply click
on a tab to change to a new page and leave the original pages(s) open.

Let's say, for example, you have three favorite Homepages -- Yahoo, Google,
and Facebook. When IE starts, all of these pages open in a separate tab, and
you can jump from one to the others by clicking the respective tab. You can
also open a New Tab and input the desired address for it to display, and the
original tabs all remain intact while the new tab goes to the address you
entered. You can have as many "homepages" as you want, so you could have IE
always open your assorted favorite pages, and access to them is only a
single click away.

Theh beauty of this is, you don't actually have to do anything.

Julie Bove

"Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:imfqnu$65a$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Julie Bove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:imbovs$3g8$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>
>> "Kele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4d895e56$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)4all.se ...
>>> Optional. I think tabs are popular... IE stole them from Firefox and IE
>>> "improved" or at least kept them with IE version 8.
>>>
>>> I think also the search is different (better) between IE version 6 & 7.

>> I know they're popular but they confuse me.
>>

> Tabs are an improved method of viewing multiple Websites without opening
> multiple instances of IE. Under versions earlier than IE7, you must open a
> new instance of IE if you want to retain the current page AND also view
> another page, then select among the open instances of IE from the buttons
> on the Toolbar.

Yep. I like the multiple windows!

> With Tabbed Browsing, you can run a single instance of IE, then simply
> click on a tab to change to a new page and leave the original pages(s)
> open.

This is what I don't like about them.

> Let's say, for example, you have three favorite Homepages -- Yahoo,
> Google, and Facebook. When IE starts, all of these pages open in a
> separate tab, and you can jump from one to the others by clicking the
> respective tab. You can also open a New Tab and input the desired address
> for it to display, and the original tabs all remain intact while the new
> tab goes to the address you entered. You can have as many "homepages" as
> you want, so you could have IE always open your assorted favorite pages,
> and access to them is only a single click away.
>
> Theh beauty of this is, you don't actually have to do anything.

Actually you do. You have to find all the tabs and open or close them.
This is what I don't like. I find new windows much easier to deal with.

Dave C.

On Mar 24, 8:26*pm, "Julie Bove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:imfqnu$65a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > "Julie Bove" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:imbovs$3g8$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> >> "Kele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:4d895e56$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)4all. se...

> >> I know they're popular but they confuse me.

> > Tabs are an improved method of viewing multiple Websites without opening
> > multiple instances of IE. Under versions earlier than IE7, you must open a
> > new instance of IE if you want to retain the current page AND also view
> > another page, then select among the open instances of IE from the buttons
> > on the Toolbar.

> Yep. *I like the multiple windows!
>
> > With Tabbed Browsing, you can run a single instance of IE, then simply
> > click on a tab to change to a new page and leave the original pages(s)
> > open.

> This is what I don't like about them.
>
> > Let's say, for example, you have three favorite Homepages -- Yahoo,
> > Google, and Facebook. When IE starts, all of these pages open in a
> > separate tab, and you can jump from one to the others by clicking the
> > respective tab. You can also open a New Tab and input the desired address
> > for it to display, and the original tabs all remain intact while the new
> > tab goes to the address you entered. You can have as many "homepages" as
> > you want, so you could have IE always open your assorted favorite pages,
> > and access to them is only a single click away.

> > Theh beauty of this is, you don't actually have to do anything.

> Actually you do. *You have to find all the tabs and open or close them.
> This is what I don't like. *I find new windows much easier to deal with..

Thanks for all your ideas on this.

Regards,

Dave