Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Yahoo!Xtra Mail delivery problem

Yahoo!Xtra Mail delivery problem

Matty F

Yahoo!Xtra are refusing to send emails for no apparent reason.
e.g. a message to a single recipient every few weeks.
I can't be bothered dealing with their Customer Care.
Can anyone recommend a better email host?

This is the message I get:
Your message was not sent

Your account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. This
block can be caused by sending messages that trigger our spam filters,
or by having too many recipients in one email. We encourage you to
review the contents and recipient list of your message, and try
sending it at after an hour or two. Doing so will usually resolve the
matter.
If you are still unable to send messages after a 24-hour period,
please read our FAQ for more information and to request Customer Care
assistance.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

The Yahoo!Xtra Mail Team

Roger Dewhurst

On 23/03/2011 10:18 a.m., Matty F wrote:
> Yahoo!Xtra are refusing to send emails for no apparent reason.
> e.g. a message to a single recipient every few weeks.
> I can't be bothered dealing with their Customer Care.
> Can anyone recommend a better email host?
>
> This is the message I get:
> Your message was not sent
>
> Your account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. This
> block can be caused by sending messages that trigger our spam filters,
> or by having too many recipients in one email. We encourage you to
> review the contents and recipient list of your message, and try
> sending it at after an hour or two. Doing so will usually resolve the
> matter.
> If you are still unable to send messages after a 24-hour period,
> please read our FAQ for more information and to request Customer Care
> assistance.
>
> We apologise for the inconvenience.
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Yahoo!Xtra Mail Team

Try gmail (google mail)

Dave Doe

In article <a0b1d800-5b05-4f40-83f8-eadc2ab4ea92
@o15g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), Matty F says...

> Yahoo!Xtra are refusing to send emails for no apparent reason.
> e.g. a message to a single recipient every few weeks.
> I can't be bothered dealing with their Customer Care.
> Can anyone recommend a better email host?
>
> This is the message I get:
> Your message was not sent
>
> Your account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. This
> block can be caused by sending messages that trigger our spam filters,
> or by having too many recipients in one email. We encourage you to
> review the contents and recipient list of your message, and try
> sending it at after an hour or two. Doing so will usually resolve the
> matter.
> If you are still unable to send messages after a 24-hour period,
> please read our FAQ for more information and to request Customer Care
> assistance.
>
> We apologise for the inconvenience.
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Yahoo!Xtra Mail Team

The reason seems *somewhat* apparent... what sort of message are you
sending? - does it have multiple recipients (more than 50?). Or perhaps
it is due to the content?

More info please.

--
Duncan.

Matty F

On Mar 23, 4:42 pm, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <a0b1d800-5b05-4f40-83f8-eadc2ab4ea92
> @o15g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, (E-Mail Removed), Matty F says...
>

> > Yahoo!Xtra are refusing to send emails for no apparent reason.
> > e.g. a message to a single recipient every few weeks.
> > I can't be bothered dealing with their Customer Care.
> > Can anyone recommend a better email host?

> > This is the message I get:
> > Your message was not sent

> > Your account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. This
> > block can be caused by sending messages that trigger our spam filters,
> > or by having too many recipients in one email. We encourage you to
> > review the contents and recipient list of your message, and try
> > sending it at after an hour or two. Doing so will usually resolve the
> > matter.
> > If you are still unable to send messages after a 24-hour period,
> > please read our FAQ for more information and to request Customer Care
> > assistance.

> > We apologise for the inconvenience.

> > Thanks,

> > The Yahoo!Xtra Mail Team

> The reason seems *somewhat* apparent... what sort of message are you
> sending? - does it have multiple recipients (more than 50?). Or perhaps
> it is due to the content?
>
> More info please.

As I said, it's to a single recipient. In response to a message from
him asking whether I had received his message, I replied with the
single word "Received". For that I get banned, and it's not the first
time.
You don't have to explain further, I'll just stop using Yahoo wherever
possible, and recommend that others also avoid Yahoo.

Dave Doe

In article <7016651b-2fa3-499d-9e33-6b498768aa17@
22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>, (E-Mail Removed), Matty F says...

> On Mar 23, 4:42 pm, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In article <a0b1d800-5b05-4f40-83f8-eadc2ab4ea92
> > @o15g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, (E-Mail Removed), Matty F says...
> >

> > > Yahoo!Xtra are refusing to send emails for no apparent reason.
> > > e.g. a message to a single recipient every few weeks.
> > > I can't be bothered dealing with their Customer Care.
> > > Can anyone recommend a better email host?

> > > This is the message I get:
> > > Your message was not sent

> > > Your account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. This
> > > block can be caused by sending messages that trigger our spam filters,
> > > or by having too many recipients in one email. We encourage you to
> > > review the contents and recipient list of your message, and try
> > > sending it at after an hour or two. Doing so will usually resolve the
> > > matter.
> > > If you are still unable to send messages after a 24-hour period,
> > > please read our FAQ for more information and to request Customer Care
> > > assistance.

> > > We apologise for the inconvenience.

> > > Thanks,

> > > The Yahoo!Xtra Mail Team

> > The reason seems *somewhat* apparent... what sort of message are you
> > sending? - does it have multiple recipients (more than 50?). Or perhaps
> > it is due to the content?
> >
> > More info please.

> As I said, it's to a single recipient. In response to a message from
> him asking whether I had received his message, I replied with the
> single word "Received". For that I get banned, and it's not the first
> time.
> You don't have to explain further, I'll just stop using Yahoo wherever
> possible, and recommend that others also avoid Yahoo.

I agree - Yahoo/Xtra email is pretty awful. (Sorry, didn't spot the
singl-recipient bit).

re other server options, what about your own domain, and pay for and e-
mail server service only, with it.

Or, with your own domain, run your own server - a spare computer running
Linux something (the s/w's free).

--
Duncan.

Matty F

On Mar 23, 7:12 pm, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <7016651b-2fa3-499d-9e33-6b498768aa17@
> 22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>, (E-Mail Removed), Matty F says...
>

> > On Mar 23, 4:42 pm, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > In article <a0b1d800-5b05-4f40-83f8-eadc2ab4ea92
> > > @o15g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, (E-Mail Removed), Matty F says...

> > > The reason seems *somewhat* apparent... what sort of message are you
> > > sending? - does it have multiple recipients (more than 50?). Or perhaps
> > > it is due to the content?

> > > More info please.

> > As I said, it's to a single recipient. In response to a message from
> > him asking whether I had received his message, I replied with the
> > single word "Received". For that I get banned, and it's not the first
> > time.
> > You don't have to explain further, I'll just stop using Yahoo wherever
> > possible, and recommend that others also avoid Yahoo.

> I agree - Yahoo/Xtra email is pretty awful. (Sorry, didn't spot the
> singl-recipient bit).
>
> re other server options, what about your own domain, and pay for and e-
> mail server service only, with it.
>
> Or, with your own domain, run your own server - a spare computer running
> Linux something (the s/w's free).

I don't do a lot of emails, which is why I am p*ss*d off that Yahoo
rejected two of them. So I'm just punishing Yahoo because I know Yahoo
management will be reading this. It's already reached page 1 on Google
and is being copied into various forums, e.g. this one:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...y-problem.html

I find it surprising that businesses who depend on the Internet have
such poor service and poor technical help. Have they not learned that
dissatisfied customers are people who will make their dissatisfaction
known far and wide?
P.S. I have moderated my language because Google wouldn't let me post
what I really think about Yahoo.

Hushmail.com and and www.mail.com have been suggested as good.
I'll think about Gmail but I'd rather not.

EMB

On 23/03/2011 8:12 p.m., Dave Doe wrote:

> I agree - Yahoo/Xtra email is pretty awful. (Sorry, didn't spot the
> singl-recipient bit).

yahoo are the single most awful email provider going.

> re other server options, what about your own domain, and pay for and e-
> mail server service only, with it.
>
> Or, with your own domain, run your own server - a spare computer running
> Linux something (the s/w's free).

Your own domain with the free version of google apps is the simplest.
No cost beyond domain registration, truckloads of storage, and it works
well.

Dave Doe

In article <imcb7c$9u6$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), EMB
says...

> On 23/03/2011 8:12 p.m., Dave Doe wrote:
>
> > I agree - Yahoo/Xtra email is pretty awful. (Sorry, didn't spot the
> > singl-recipient bit).

> yahoo are the single most awful email provider going.
>

> > re other server options, what about your own domain, and pay for and e-
> > mail server service only, with it.
> >
> > Or, with your own domain, run your own server - a spare computer running
> > Linux something (the s/w's free).
> >

> Your own domain with the free version of google apps is the simplest.
> No cost beyond domain registration, truckloads of storage, and it works
> well.

How do you mean truckloads of storage? How many terabytes?

--
Duncan.

Boots

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:18:10 -0700, Matty F wrote:

> Yahoo!Xtra are refusing to send emails for no apparent reason. e.g. a
> message to a single recipient every few weeks. I can't be bothered
> dealing with their Customer Care. Can anyone recommend a better email
> host?
>
> This is the message I get:
> ---------------------------------------------------------------- Your
> message was not sent
>
> Your account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. This
> block can be caused by sending messages that trigger our spam filters,
> or by having too many recipients in one email. We encourage you to
> review the contents and recipient list of your message, and try sending
> it at after an hour or two. Doing so will usually resolve the matter.
> If you are still unable to send messages after a 24-hour period, please
> read our FAQ for more information and to request Customer Care
> assistance.
>
> We apologise for the inconvenience.
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Yahoo!Xtra Mail Team

Do you have some sort of malware on your computer that is spewing out
spam?

Boots

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:12:33 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:

> Or, with your own domain, run your own server - a spare computer running
> Linux something (the s/w's free).

That won't work with Xtra. IIRC Telecom/Gen-I/Xtra blocks emails being
sent anywhere other than to their own email servers.