Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > caching?

caching?

=?Utf-8?B?amJo?=

When I make changes to an aspx.vb file in an application running on our web server the change isn't effected, nor does it appear in "view source". However when I open the file on the web server I see the change that I made

Why aren't changes made to the code-behind in a running application taking effect even in a new session

Thank you

jbh

Ian

You may need to stop and then start the web publishing service

"jbh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I make changes to an aspx.vb file in an application running on our

web server the change isn't effected, nor does it appear in "view source".
However when I open the file on the web server I see the change that I made.

> Why aren't changes made to the code-behind in a running application taking

effect even in a new session?

> Thank you,
>
> jbh

Curt_C [MVP]

are you using SRC tags and the "code-behind" method or are you using a
pre-compiled site?
If it's a pre-compiled then the .VB/.CS shouldn't even be on the site.
If it's the compile-on-demand method with the .VB/.CS on the server then you
may have to restart the site (or let it flush from the cache) since IIRC it
only re-compiles when first loaded

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"jbh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I make changes to an aspx.vb file in an application running on our

web server the change isn't effected, nor does it appear in "view source".
However when I open the file on the web server I see the change that I made.

> Why aren't changes made to the code-behind in a running application taking

effect even in a new session?

> Thank you,
>
> jbh

=?Utf-8?B?amJo?=

Thank you for your suggestions. We are using the "compile on demand" model. Could I hurry things along by setting the "Enable Content Expiration" to "Expire Immediately" in the "Http Headers" tab of the Properties settings in IIS for that application?

Thanks again for your help.

jbh

Curt_C [MVP]

Not sure but I dont think so but you can try.
Otherwise just restart the site.