Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > What the heck is a .MAR file (Thunderbird Download)

What the heck is a .MAR file (Thunderbird Download)

jw@myplace.com

This is supposed to be an older version of Thunderbird on Mozilla.org
In the Win32 sub folder, English (US). Neither Winzip of anything
else will recognize it. I tried to rename it to .ZIP and .EXE.
Neither work. It almost appears that this is a site error, since the
3.x versions are .EXE files. But I need this last version for a Win98
install.
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...e/win32/en-US/

Note: I DID find the needed .EXE of this file on
http://www.oldapps.com

I'm just wondering what these .MAR files are for? Could they be for a
Macintosh? If so, they are in the wrong place on the website.

Ralph Fox

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 03:43:55 -0600, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>

> This is supposed to be an older version of Thunderbird on Mozilla.org
> In the Win32 sub folder, English (US). Neither Winzip of anything
> else will recognize it. I tried to rename it to .ZIP and .EXE.
> Neither work. It almost appears that this is a site error, since the
> 3.x versions are .EXE files. But I need this last version for a Win98
> install.
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...e/win32/en-US/

^^^^^^

It looks like two updates to me, only useful when downloaded by
Thunderbird's built-in updater.

If you are looking for a full installer at mozilla.org, then read
this README file further up the same server directory tree

ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozil...eleases/README
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...eleases/README

--
Kind regards
Ralph