Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Is Key selling our sole to the Devil.?

Re: Is Key selling our sole to the Devil.?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)
>They would both sell our soles for a FTA with the US..

I don't like flat fish of any sort, so if we can get money for them, great !
Sell them all.

Still completely OT in .nz.comp of course.

Peter Huebner

In article <ilrhcu$601$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (snip)
> >They would both sell our soles for a FTA with the US..

> I don't like flat fish of any sort, so if we can get money for them, great !
> Sell them all.
>

> Still completely OT in .nz.comp of course.

Au contraire, my dear Watson: sole are a delicious fish. Having said that, the
North Sea sole have it over the NZ ones, whereas the NZ flounder has it over
the North Sea flounders, taste-wise.

And the OP flounders with his spelling, as usual ... halibut used his sense
checker as well as the spell checker. Oh well.

O.t.o.h. if it's the soles of our feet that are about to be sold off cheap to
the Chinese and the 'mercans, then I am dead set against it.

Looks like the stupid gov'mint are already set to trade our telecommunications
infrastructure to Telecom yet again and give them money into the bargain for
taking it. Ye gods, just how dumb ARE these politicos? (And that is on topic
for nz.comp).

-P.

Donchano

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:49:38 +1300, Peter Huebner
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Au contraire, my dear Watson: sole are a delicious fish. Having said that, the
>North Sea sole have it over the NZ ones, whereas the NZ flounder has it over
>the North Sea flounders, taste-wise.

Couldn't agree more. And, at the risk of being lynched, I also think
that cold water lobsters have it over NZ crayfish and lobsters from
warmer waters (Hawai'i, Caribbean, etc). Not that I'd say no to any of
them and have enjoyed all of them.

>And the OP flounders with his spelling, as usual ... halibut used his sense
>checker as well as the spell checker. Oh well.

I wonder if his herring is also defective ...

victor

On 21/03/2011 1:04 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> In article<(E-Mail Removed) .net>, Peter Huebner<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (snip)
>> Looks like the stupid gov'mint are already set to trade our telecommunications
>> infrastructure to Telecom yet again and give them money into the bargain for
>> taking it. Ye gods, just how dumb ARE these politicos? (And that is on topic
>> for nz.comp).

> Indeed it is. And sadly relevant.<sigh>
> I was hugely hopeful that the gummint might decide to own the fiber (like
> the roads, and more recently, rail again) as basic infrastructure. Sadly,
> that is looking unlikely. Well, as usual when it comes to politics, my
> hopes and reality fail to converge.

Stephen Joyce, mission accomplished, wonder what his payoff is ?

Bruce Sinclair

(snip)

In article <im61mo$o01$(E-Mail Removed)>, victor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 21/03/2011 1:04 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>> In article<(E-Mail Removed) .net>, Peter

> Huebner<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (snip)
>>> Looks like the stupid gov'mint are already set to trade our

> telecommunications
>>> infrastructure to Telecom yet again and give them money into the bargain for
>>> taking it. Ye gods, just how dumb ARE these politicos? (And that is on topic
>>> for nz.comp).

>> Indeed it is. And sadly relevant.<sigh>
>> I was hugely hopeful that the gummint might decide to own the fiber (like
>> the roads, and more recently, rail again) as basic infrastructure. Sadly,
>> that is looking unlikely. Well, as usual when it comes to politics, my
>> hopes and reality fail to converge.
>>

>Stephen Joyce, mission accomplished, wonder what his payoff is ?

I too would like to think that it is corruption rather than incompetence ...
but sadly, fear it isn't.

Re: Is Key selling our sole to the Devil.? Donchano NZ Computing 3 03-25-2011 12:37 PM
singleton pattern, return sole pt per reference Chris Forone C++ 3 08-16-2007 10:17 AM
Has Bruce Eckel sold his sole to satan, I mean Adobe? primeattheark Java 4 02-23-2007 02:34 PM
[RM] SOLE O=O=O AriZOnA O=O=O C++ 0 04-21-2004 08:19 AM
Re: Offertona Computer. TUTTO A SOLE 900.000 YUS Computer Information 0 06-28-2003 06:40 PM

Advertisments