Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Problem with command-line registeration with PyPI in Windows 7

Problem with command-line registeration with PyPI in Windows 7

melhosseiny

When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
get the following:

running register
running check
We need to know who you are, so please choose either:
1. use your existing login,
2. register as a new user,
3. have the server generate a new password for you (and email it to
you), or
4. quit
Your selection [default 1]:

So i type 1 and press enter and i get:

Please choose one of the four options!

Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the
same result.

Steven D'Aprano

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 01:55:31 -0700, melhosseiny wrote:

> When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
> get the following:

[...]
> Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the same
> result.

I found a similar (possibly the same) problem. I eventually worked around
it by creating a config file with my username and password:

[distutils]
index-servers =
pypi

[pypi]
username:************
password:************

How you would do the same thing under Windows, I don't know.

--
Steven

melhosseiny

On Mar 16, 2:51*pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 01:55:31 -0700, melhosseiny wrote:
> > When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
> > get the following:

> [...]
> > Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the same
> > result.

> I found a similar (possibly the same) problem. I eventually worked around
> it by creating a config file with my username and password:
>
> [distutils]
> index-servers =
> * * pypi
>
> [pypi]
> username:************
> password:************
>
> How you would do the same thing under Windows, I don't know.
>
> --
> Steven

Thank you. It worked for me too. I added .pypirc file with my username
and password in my home folder (i.e. C:\Users\*****).