Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to use second wireless Belkin router as a receiver?

How to use second wireless Belkin router as a receiver?

JLT JLT is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen View Post
On 3/15/2011 2:01 AM, wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> I have two wireless Belkin routers.
>
> One is a newer N / G router that plugs into the modem. Model:
> F5D8236-4, V2
> The other is an older G router. Model: F5D7230-4
>
> I'm working in the basement with a few machines.
>
> I'd like to use the older G router as a receiver, and plug my machines
> directly
> into this older router using the CAT5 cables.
>
> How do I configure the older Belkin router to do this?
>
> Thanks a lot!

It would appear that your router can be configured as an a
bridge. Docs here for a Wireless Distribution System.
Gents,
I have the Belkin F5D8236-4 wireless router. I reviewed the support page and it doesn't seem to have wireless bridging capability; Belkin calls bridging wirelessly cascading.

"belkin.com/us/support-article?rnId=9533" Sorry, not enough posts to use links... odd...

Is there another way to use the Belkin F5D8236-4 as a wireless bride? I want to use the Belkin to connect to my wireless network and then use the WAN ports on it to connect to my Asus Maximus VI Hero mobo.

I saw mention of DD-WRT. I don't know what FTPT is. Can someone please explain?

Thanks!

JLT