Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > RE: Deploy ASP.net Application On Windows 2003 server.

RE: Deploy ASP.net Application On Windows 2003 server.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi,

Is this application running in the default app pool? What is the identity
for the app pool?

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
ASP.NET
Developer Support

--------------------
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?Um95SGU=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: Deploy ASP.net Application On Windows 2003 server.
>Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:21:09 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>
>I developed an Asp.net Application on Windows XP, and try to deploy it to

windwos 2003 server. After the deployment, I try to run the application, I
get the following Error:

Server Error in '/GISOnlineReservation' Application.
----

Access is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.]
OnlineReservation.Reservation.ResBasicInfo.Page_Lo ad(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +602

----
Version:1.1.4322.573

I try all Serarios, grant all permsions to ASP.net or Network SErverice or
IUSR_MACHINENAME, still it does't work. Can anyone told me why?

Thanks