Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > routing between NHRP tunnels?

routing between NHRP tunnels?

Rob

On a 3725 running C3725-ADVSECURITYK9-M, Version 12.4(5a), we have
two different DMVPN tunnels configured, each on a different external
IP address. They use NHRP and IPSEC. CEF is enabled on the router.

On one tunnel, several routers are connected and eigrp is used as
a routing protocol. All those routers can communicate to eachother
via the central router.

One of the leaf nodes connects to the second DMVPN tunnel and a static
routing is used there. It can communicate with the central site
without problems, but it cannot talk to the routers connected to
the other DMVPN tunnel.

It looks like the traffic cannot hop from one DMVPN tunnel end to the
other inside the central site router, but it routes OK to the other
interfaces in that router.
There are also some "standard" IPSEC tunnels (not DMVPN) defined in
that router, and traffic routes there too.

It does not appear there are any access list rules that are matching
(looking at counters for deny rules).

What could be going on here? A bug, or something that has to be
configured to allow this routing?

With older versions of IOS I saw issues like this (like not being
able to route from one "standard" IPSEC tunnel into another) when
CEF was enabled, and disabling CEF fixed that, but those seemed to
be cured. I don't want to disable CEF right now.

Rob

It was fixed by installing a newer IOS version...

HELP. DMVPN - NHRP dynamic spoke problem Dan Murray Cisco 1 06-03-2008 06:43 AM
mGRE/NHRP problem radiohead23 Cisco 0 11-17-2006 03:24 PM
Cisco DMVPN NHRP hello, hold and dead interval ??? kevint2000 Cisco 0 05-11-2006 08:58 PM
DMVPN ip NHRP never expires on remote end wonder Cisco 1 02-24-2006 03:48 PM
PPPoE dialup/tunnel/nhrp driving me nuts ... gkg@gmx.de Cisco 0 11-30-2003 07:28 AM

Advertisments