Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Implementing Unrelated Interfaces

Implementing Unrelated Interfaces

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
<http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
—it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
with.

What do others think?

Andreas Leitgeb

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
><http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>

I'm not a fan of:

" Error: Server Error
" The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.
" If the problem persists, please report your problem and mention this
" error message and the query that caused it.

either... (perhaps just bad luck at the time that I tried it)

Andreas Leitgeb

Leif Roar Moldskred <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
>> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing

> What sort of thing?

I'd be very surprised, if "tin" didn't even show the link.

(whether the link worked or not is a different thing)

Mayeul

> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
> <http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
> —it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
> with.

I can see a point in separating tasks by the model, without this point
being broken if any particular use of this model reunifies some or all
of the tasks in one single place.

--
Mayeul

Roedy Green

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 00:18:50 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
><http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
>—it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
>with.
>
>What do others think?

I use a metaphor. An interface is like a job description, e.g.
coffee lady, file clerk, typist, computer repair person, high speed
copy equipment operator ...

Any one person may be capable of fulfulling half a dozen such roles.

You are ok so long as you write your code based on the role, not the
specific person, who incidentally can fulfill that role.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Daniele Futtorovic

On 08/03/2011 12:18, Lawrence D'Oliveiro allegedly wrote:
> I dont think Im a fan of this sort of thing
> <http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
> it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
> with.
>
> What do others think?

GUI code.

'nuff said.

--
DF.
An escaped convict once said to me:
"Alcatraz is the place to be"

Arne Vajhøj

On 08-03-2011 06:18, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
> <http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
> —it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
> with.
>
> What do others think?

It is a class that extends another class and implements
two interfaces.

It seems to support the point of separating classes and interfaces.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

On 08-03-2011 06:46, Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
> Leif Roar Moldskred<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
>>> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing

>> What sort of thing?

> I'd be very surprised, if "tin" didn't even show the link.
>
> (whether the link worked or not is a different thing)

But what is the perceived problem?

Arne

markspace

On 3/9/2011 2:58 PM, jebblue wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 00:18:50 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
>> <http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
>> —it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to
>> begin with.
>>
>> What do others think?

> 42

Damn, you got that answer. How did you know that?