Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > If It Moves, It Can Run Android

If It Moves, It Can Run Android

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Continuing the trend of putting Android on just about anything that can be
plugged in, how about ... a cordless landline phone?

Featurewise, your typical Android mobile leaves it for dead (ancient OS
version, resistive touchscreen, slow processor, limited RAM). But compared
to the rest of the cordless market, it still looks like a breath of fresh
air.

<http://www.reghardware.com/2011/03/04/review_android_idect_ihome_phone/>

Gordon

On 2011-03-05, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> Continuing the trend of putting Android on just about anything that can be
> plugged in, how about ... a cordless landline phone?
>
> Featurewise, your typical Android mobile leaves it for dead (ancient OS
> version, resistive touchscreen, slow processor, limited RAM). But compared
> to the rest of the cordless market, it still looks like a breath of fresh
> air.
>
><http://www.reghardware.com/2011/03/04/review_android_idect_ihome_phone/>

In a recent PC mag there was an article that Linux had long given up on the
desktop, but had surrounded it, and us. It is now in everything but x% of
desktops.

Android is going to increase this trend as we go mobile.

Which leads me to study the naked ape. Simple people really dumd, no wonder
evolution continues.