Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > c++0x is weird

c++0x is weird

K4 Monk

So, I was reading up on wikipedia about new ideas that have been
proposed for the c++0x standard. New verbose keywords: decltype,
constexpr, auto_ptr has been replaced by unique_ptr and stuff.The one
thing I like is support for lambda functions.

I have a feeling that C++ is going to converge into to Java. So all
the "professionals" who spent years learning C++ but never finished
are going to have to start learning more weird material. Lets give 5
more years for c++0x to become mainstream. I think Bjarne Stroustrup's
interview http://www.nsbasic.com/ce/info/interview.shtml even if
considered fake, was ahead of its time and spoke nothing but the
truth.