Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: What is the best book to learn Python from Perl and C++ background

Re: What is the best book to learn Python from Perl and C++ background

nn

On Mar 4, 12:49*pm, Ignoramus20691 <ignoramus20...@NOSPAM.
20691.invalid> wrote:
> I bought a "Hello World!" book for my 9 year old son. The book teached
> "programming for kids" and it does it in Python.
>
> I do not know any Python, but I am very comfortable with C++ and perl.
> I wrote a little over 100k lines of perl.
>
> I want to learn Python quickly to help him with his studies/fun.
>
> I would prefer a "no ****" book that quickly teaches a language to
> programmers.
>
> Any suggestions?

The included ~12 page tutorial was all I needed; the rest was just
looking up stuff in the standard documentation and messing around at
the interactive prompt:

http://docs.python.org/tutorial/index.html