Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Siemans or Fritz

Re: Siemans or Fritz

Roger

"Anti-Spam" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Finally decided to ditch trying to sort the echo on my Linksys SP3102,
so thought I would go for the Siemans C475IP kit. Then was told that
it does not have a Analogue phone out line, so I cannot connect my
house phone wiring/analogue phones, to it. Fritz box was mentioned,
its more money than I originally wanted to spend, but if it sorts the
problem, so be it.
Is the fritz box WLAN 7170 as good as some people say? anybody had any
bad experience's with it?

well it cured my echo problem and comes with a built in answerphone that
emails me the voicemails You cant do fancy dialplans like on the linksys
but you can have multiple registered accounts - not just one so you can get
incoming calls on all of them rather than just being able to make outgoing
on all but one voip line like on the linksys

Roger

"Anti-Spam" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:48:21 -0000, "Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Anti-Spam" wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>Finally decided to ditch trying to sort the echo on my Linksys SP3102,
>so thought I would go for the Siemans C475IP kit. Then was told that
>it does not have a Analogue phone out line, so I cannot connect my
>house phone wiring/analogue phones, to it. Fritz box was mentioned,
>its more money than I originally wanted to spend, but if it sorts the
>problem, so be it.
>Is the fritz box WLAN 7170 as good as some people say? anybody had any
>bad experience's with it?
>
>well it cured my echo problem and comes with a built in answerphone that
>emails me the voicemails You cant do fancy dialplans like on the
>linksys
>but you can have multiple registered accounts - not just one so you can get
>incoming calls on all of them rather than just being able to make outgoing
>on all but one voip line like on the linksys

When you say no fancy dial plans? I do have a simple dial plan of
international calls going out on VOIP (anything starting 00) and
national calls ((non 00) I get free national calls with telefonica)
going out on the analogue phone line. Can the Fritzbox, do that sort
of dial plan?

Yes - it will do that and will also add area/for voip and betamax
providers) so you
can still just dial your 6 digit local number