Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Siemens or Fritz

Re: Siemens or Fritz

openaf

Le 4/03/2011 10:57, Anti-Spam a écrit :
> Finally decided to ditch trying to sort the echo on my Linksys SP3102,
> so thought I would go for the Siemans C475IP kit. Then was told that
> it does not have a Analogue phone out line, so I cannot connect my
> house phone wiring/analogue phones, to it. Fritz box was mentioned,
> its more money than I originally wanted to spend, but if it sorts the
> problem, so be it.
> Is the fritz box WLAN 7170 as good as some people say? anybody had any
> bad experience's with it?

The Fritz!box 7170 is very handy. I'm using an original international
version(AnnexA) since 3 years, while my daughter use a german patched to
AnnexA. There is no difference between them. If you want it cheap, buy a
german one(AnnexB) on ebay for about 50 Euro. Then turn it to AnnexA
with this tool:
http://www.rainerullrich.de/ruKernel...english_EN.pdf
All you will probably have to do afterthat is to change the RJ45
connector to an RJ11.

--
Cordialement,

__o